FortiClient 6.0.0 (Windows)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Yep, everything working fine except the youtube is on restricted mode.

And this error has occurred for a month atleast

Reactions: AtlBo and Kuttz

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Hmm, mine is off. No restricted search either, like when cleanbrowsing forces it.

Attachments

• capture_11242018_230419.jpg
    capture_11242018_230419.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 699
  • capture_11242018_230519.jpg
    capture_11242018_230519.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Yep, everything working fine except the youtube is on restricted mode.

And this error has occurred for a month atleast

I have the same problem where YouTube is on restricted mode. I read that version 6.0.3.0155 is bugged and that people downgraded to 6.0.2 to fix that problem.

I am another one who faced Youtube always on restricted mode irrespective of the settings when using Forticlient.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I have a weird issue with FC were I simply can't enable Dynamic Threat Detection feature. If I try to enable it in the settings after exiting settings page the feature automatically get disabled. On my previous try on FC I remember successfully enabling this feature. Now I can't.

In F-C unlocked settings areas, there is an "x" at the top right of the GUI. Look closely at the x when you change a setting, and you will see a small disk appear and disappear very quickly. When that appears you can close the settings, and your change will be saved. However, if you close before it appears, the setting won't be changed. There isn't a manual save button, but it should only take a few seconds for them to auto save. I sometimes found it necessary to click and hold the click until a setting changes and is saved. Otherwise, the check wouldn't appear in the box.

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
In F-C unlocked settings areas, there is an "x" at the top right of the GUI. Look closely at the x when you change a setting, and you will see a small disk appear and disappear very quickly. When that appears you can close the settings, and your change will be saved. However, if you close before it appears, the setting won't be changed. There isn't a manual save button, but it should only take a few seconds for them to auto save. I sometimes found it necessary to click and hold the click until a setting changes and is saved. Otherwise, the check wouldn't appear in the box.

Thanks. The problem was solved after few days since I commented here. The cause was if I remember correctly I didn't installed a required component during installation :giggle:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks. The problem was solved after few days since I commented here.

Good (y). Glad you are up and running with F-C. Every day that goes by I grow happier with what the program brings to the system. It's that feeling of being connected to all those workstations I guess...and the web filtering is really top notch. So easy to bundle F-C with Comodo or SpyShelter or Binisoft FW or OSArmor etc :D

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

FortiClient 6.2
Fabric%20Stylish.png
Fabric Agent with Endpoint Protection and Cloud Sandbox

Fabric Integration
Checkmark_blue.svg
Endpoint Fabric Telemetry
Checkmark_blue.svg
Automated Endpoint Quarantine
Checkmark_blue.svg
Compliance Enforcement with Dynamic Access Control
Advanced Endpoint Protection
Checkmark_blue.svg
AntiMalware Protection
Checkmark_blue.svg
Cloud-based Threat Outbreak Detection
Checkmark_blue.svg
Vulnerability Detection & Patching
Checkmark_blue.svg
Sandbox Detection (Behaviour based zero-day detection)
Checkmark_blue.svg
Web Filtering (URL category based)
Checkmark_blue.svg
Anti-Exploit
Checkmark_blue.svg
Application Firewall
Remote Access
Checkmark_blue.svg
IPSec VPN
Checkmark_blue.svg
SSL VPN
Management & Updates
Checkmark_blue.svg
Central Management
Checkmark_blue.svg
Central Logging & Reporting
Checkmark_blue.svg
FortiGuard Updates
Other Features
Checkmark_blue.svg
USB Device Control
Checkmark_blue.svg
Software Inventory

Guess free users have to stay with 6.0xx? Anyone have tried out 6.2 or has some details of licensing?

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.