Unlimited Giveaway Free SecureAPlus Essentials 3 Years

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.secureage.com/grant-program
How to get a license
Click on Get Started and Get Started Again
Register your Account
Verify your Email

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
is it good? what exactly is it doing?
I think it is somewhat comparable to VoodooShield. It uses multiple Antivirus engines for scanning and uses its own AI engine called Apex. You can choose between Interactive Mode, Lockdown Mode and Automatic Mode. So if you configure it correctly it functions as a default-deny application.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
can i have it with my antivirus?
Yes, it can also function as a complementary solution.

Quote from their website:

Your anti-virus needs help​

The inconvenient truth is, traditional anti-virus solutions are only able to catch known threats and do not offer personalised protection. That means even the very best ‘enterprise standard’ AI-powered threat detection rates of 99% still leave your home devices vulnerable to a degree of unknown malware. The new Automatic Mode feature on SecureAPlus for home devices was designed in a way that makes 100% security possible.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Not very good reviews in softpedia Download SecureAPlus 6.7.0
I didn't try it for some years actually but when I last tested it, it was solid. I mean protection-wise it should be comparable to VoodooShield as the approach is pretty similar. I just installed it on my system and so far it seems to be pretty light on my CPU and RAM. Interface is a little sluggish but I have seen worse. One thing that can be pretty annoying is it's AI engine that I mentioned before. It tends to be very aggressive which can cause false positives - at least the last time I tested the product. You can set the sensitivity of the AI engine tho in case you are facing too many popups.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Will SecureAPlus work with our existing anti-virus software?
Yes, since Windows only recognises one AV at a time, you can set SecureAPlus so it is not registered as an anti-virus in which case it will coexist with any existing anti-virus you have installed. If you later decide to install another AV, there is no need to disable SecureAPlus because this solution works differently from traditional anti-virus software. That means you can have two scanners to protect you without each getting in each other's way. This is a valuable offering for those who have already invested in 3rd party software but require additional support for unknown threats .Go to scan settings there you can click register as a antivirus to off to coexist

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.