F
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Good,now i use kaspersky standard in my real computer,there are agents in china, and it is very convenient for me to buy,i only want to run 2 antiviruses to increase my protect,i remenber hitmanpro is a scanner too,and better than norton or malwarebytesGenerally you should never install multiple antiviruses on the same computer. It can lead to problems such as slowdowns, the Windows desktop freezing, or even, as you've experienced, BSODs. In some cases you will get a BSOD during boot, so Windows won't be able to load and in other cases Windows will boot and BSODs will happen randomly. There are rare cases where an antivirus has been specifically designed to be able to used alongside other antiviruses, with Malwarebytes being one example, but aside from cases like this, you should never install more than one antivirus.
It's best to install one good antivirus and if you feel you're not adequately protected, do occasional scans with a second option scanner such as Malwarebytes, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool (which of course you can't use anymore if you live in the US), or Norton Power Eraser. You could enable the realtime protection in Malwarebytes if you want. But it may cause slowdowns if you have two antiviruses scanning files in realtime.
HitmanPro has issues with false positives and based on posts here, it would seem that NPE has better detection rates.,i remenber hitmanpro is a scanner too,and better than norton or malwarebytes
I doubt that is the case. Disabling realtime protection usually will not prevent issues.Any other AV can be installed after Kaspersky with two conditions, disable K autostart with Windows and exit, and before starting K for on-demand scan, turn off realtime protection of the other AV.
Use of K for on-deman scan is temporary (max for a couple of hours), if realtime protection of the other AV is off, no conflict is expected.HitmanPro has issues with false positives and based on post here, it would seem that NPE has better detection rates.
I doubt that is the case. Disabling realtime protection usually will not prevent issues.
You will get conflicts, even if realtime protection is disabled. Because even if it is disabled, there are still drivers that are loaded which often will conflict with the other antivirus.Use of K for on-deman scan is temporary (max for a couple of hours), if realtime protection of the other AV is off, no conflict is expected.
That is why K ability to turn off completely is the best solution; I wish other AVs could provide.You will get conflicts, even if realtime protection is disabled. Because even if it is disabled, there are still drivers that are loaded which often will conflict with the other antivirus.
No recommend using two AVs at the same time. But if you want to test it, do it this way. No conflicts or BSODs and no impact on the system.Good,now i use kaspersky standard in my real computer,there are agents in china, and it is very convenient for me to buy,i only want to run 2 antiviruses to increase my protect,i remenber hitmanpro is a scanner too,and better than norton or malwarebytes
Even if you do that, there will still be some components loaded in RAM, which can cause conflicts even if they're not being used at the moment.That is why K ability to turn off completely is the best solution; I wish other AVs could provide.
After checking running processes in task manager, I did not find any.Even if you do that, there will still be some components loaded in RAM, which can cause conflicts even if they're not being used at the moment.
How managed to keep both K and MA realtime protection on at the same time?No recommend using two AVs at the same time. But if you want to test it, do it this way. No conflicts or BSODs and no impact on the system.
You won't always have issues, but you certainly can. As an example, once many years ago, a computer I was working on got a random BSOD. I installed BlueScreenView to see if I could find the cause. It was caused by a conflict between a Kaspersky driver and a driver for PC Tool's Spyware Doctor. Spyware Doctor had been uninstalled a few years previously. But, as is often the case when removing security software, some drivers remained.After checking running processes in taskmanager, I did not find any.
Actually, I have K free installed and turned off with AVG free running, and facing zero problems until the present time.
I didn't do anything special, I just installed MA with K enabled. MA didn't recognize that K was installed. I also found it ironic that the two worked together and there were no conflicts or alerts from either product.How managed to keep both K and MA realtime protection on at the same time?
I am not encouraging installing two AVs at the same time.You won't always have issues, but you certainly can. As an example, once many years ago, a computer I was working on got a random BSOD. I installed BlueScreenView to see if I could find the cause. It was caused by a conflict between a Kaspersky driver and a driver for PC Tool's Spyware Doctor. Spyware Doctor had been uninstalled a few years previously. But, as is often the case when removing security software, some drivers remained.
To clarify this, Spyware Doctor left drivers behind. Kaspersky was still installed.As you kindly mentioned, even uninstalling K will not completely remove its drivers; so I installed AVG free after disabling K autostart and exiting, keeping it as a second opinion scanner.
Conflict made both miss the samples?@roger_m & @Parkinsond I'm not going to use both AVs at the same time, no way. I installed them just for fun, to see what would happen. I downloaded a sample just to see how K and MA would react, and guess what happened? I found out why. Think about it and then let me know what you think?
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes