- Sep 14, 2014
- Login during installation now happens as part of main UI. Login is rendered with Microsoft Edge WebView2 (Chromium engine). Login should now render better and also support accessibility features.
- This requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 runtime to be installed. If it's not, the installer will install it for you.
- Product update message is simplified and now directly links to release notes.
- Small changes to subscription view.
- Manage subscription button is disabled in People & Devices view. This will be fixed in next beta.
- We have now completed the 2 year project to convert all UIs to .NET technology. Qt library is removed from the product, including ICU library and OpenSSL. This changed also the UI paradigm: with old UI, it was always running in memory, consuming memory and a bit of CPU even if user did not want to view the UI. It also needed to be loaded into memory after restart, affecting computer performance in restart. The new .NET based UI works so that UI is loaded into memory only when user opens it, resulting in less resource usage when app is protecting in the background.