Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
G DATA Beta Version 25.4.0.3

-Support for Microsoft OneDrive files on-demand
-Extended protection against fileless malware
-Improved integration of antivirus and firewall status in Windows Defender Security Center on Windows 10
-Behavior monitoring: enhanced protection against Ransomware behavior monitoring: Improved performance in conjunction with aggregated cloud stores-signature update: Customized calculation of the period until the next signature update
-Boot Medium Wizard: new software update routine
-Boot Medium Wizard: Improved support for USB drives larger than 16GB (FAT32)

I have as well submited some of your listed/found bugs in the past for G DATA via in software, they never replied to me, even though I had specific reference/Ticket number.

I don't know what to tell anyone then. Evidently they don't reply to anyone, not even AV test labs.

Well, I take that back. A single time one of their support offices replied to me and told me something was fixed. I updated, retested and it wasn't fixed.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
The Beta test runs on a german security forum.

Do you wanna have more infos?
HI'd be grateful if you could give me more information.

Apparently, all BETA testing for G DATA is done in Rokop Security subforum

For the G DATA 25.4.0.3 BETA G DATA Betatest für die Version 25.4.0.3 - Rokop Security

and here's the previous 25.4.0.2 BETA G DATA Betatest für die Version 25.4.0.2 - Rokop Security some info might be interesting to read :)
How does the G Data beta program work? do they give a key to testing the beta?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

How does the G Data beta program work? do they give a key to testing the beta?
You just have to replace username and password from you existing ones to credentials provided in the first post and then you'll get an upgrade confirmation dialog from G DATA to 25.4.0.3 and confirmation to restart PC afterwards. Keep in mind, that it's not advised for production PC, because BETA version may have bugs.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
You just have to replace username and password from you existing ones to credentials provided in the first post and then you'll get an upgrade confirmation dialog from G DATA to 25.4.0.3 and confirmation to restart PC afterwards. Keep in mind, that it's not advised for production PC, because BETA version may have bugs.
Here the version is 25.4.0.1, I tried everything and it does not update to version 25.4.0.3 :unsure:

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I'd say to contact them, but then I remembered that it appears there is no way to properly contact them and get back a response. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Glad it wasn't me then. I put GData, which by the way I love, on the DMZ and had some update channel tampering against it. The attacker kept 'bricking' GData and I wanted to work with them on hardening it against that but they never responded. Funny thing, Kaspersky's ex-wife owns a quarter of GData, I think she runs the company now or something.

D

Deleted member 65228

Funny thing, Kaspersky's ex-wife owns a quarter of GData, I think she runs the company now or something.
What? Hahahahahaha. That is actually quite funny.

Natalya Kaspersky becomes share holder at G Data Software AG and will be elected on to the supervisory board

You're right hahahaha she is a share-holder...

The Beta test runs on a german security forum.
Well that is pretty user friendly isn't it? :love::love:

"Hi guys there's a beta but there's no other Languages for details before you install it so just install it and we non-legally binding promise you it'll be the best. PS: <in german> if there's any issues we are not responsible, period </german>"

Luckily for me I know two amazing German malware hunters and malware analysts called @Der.Reisende and @silversurfer who would help me translate if I begged them

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Maybe I should take @Lockdown 's suggestion, and get a new girlfriend, or get back to my well-know ex who never let me down, she atleast always responded to my requests when I asked for help or wanted to chit-chat about non-security related topics, unlike this arrogant chick whose name starts with the letter G. Oh, it's all about that best BB love triangle.. (. Y .)

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Lots of av companies are not better with the support. For me protection ist more important than a worldbest support with mediocre protection

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Lots of av companies are not better with the support. For me protection ist more important than a worldbest support with mediocre protection
By saying that you completely relay on yourself when problems/bugs appear, I have also been a warrior myself throughout my life, but sometimes after a hard day at work you just want to come home and rest for a bit and let your girl do dishes. I am not always at home when my dirty underwear needs cleaning.. G is pretty girl who can cook and clean, but we have no chemistry in bedroom.. sometimes it's an important factor why relationships can't last for a long, unless she starts to become more attractive, update her garderobe and satisfy my needs.. and I can ask for all that, because I pay her lol (security software) :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: jackuars
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.