Advice Request G DATA keeps turning off in Microsoft Security Center

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

entropism

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Haven't had this issue with an antivirus in a loooong time, but ever since I swapped out F Protect and installed G DATA, I randomly get warnings from MS Security Center saying my AV is turned off. G DATA says everything is fine, and a reboot fixes it for a few days, but it's still annoying and a slight concern. This is on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, build 22623.1325.

Anyone run into this lately and have a solution?

Reactions: Dave Russo

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Haven't had this issue with an antivirus in a loooong time, but ever since I swapped out F Protect and installed G DATA, I randomly get warnings from MS Security Center saying my AV is turned off. G DATA says everything is fine, and a reboot fixes it for a few days, but it's still annoying and a slight concern. This is on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, build 22623.1325.

Anyone run into this lately and have a solution?
Ask @struppigel this ?

entropism

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
I contacted them, now waiting for it to happen again to take a screenshot for them. Not sure what they need a screenshot for, but whatever.

Originally trying to fill out their form online was basically giving me an error and not submitting, so hopefully everything sorts itself soon

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Today, I got this.......:oops::unsure:
And after a reboot..... :)
Anyone want to offer any thoughts? ✌️
@struppigel ???

Screenshot - 3_3_2023 , 10_29_46 AM.pngScreenshot - 3_3_2023 , 10_35_04 AM.png

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Today, I got this.......:oops::unsure:
And after a reboot..... :)
Anyone want to offer any thoughts? ✌️
@struppigel ???
Weird, but I doubt @struppigel could be of much help as he's a malware analyst at GData ( very busy at the moment ) and don't know every part of the software itself. That is the developers or their engineer team, how it normally is with most other AV companies/vendors, available via support.

If this is a constant returning message, personal with my own AV ( not GData btw ) I would try to check it's service page/url and also the database for the actual updates. I have no idea if Gdata have that type of official info. :unsure:

• Thanks
Reactions: struppigel

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Weird, but I doubt @struppigel could be of much help as he's a malware analyst at GData ( very busy at the moment ) and don't know every part of the software itself. That is the developers or their engineer team, how it normally is with most other AV companies/vendors, available via support.

If this is a constant returning message, personal with my own AV ( not GData btw ) I would try to check it's service page/url and also the database for the actual updates. I have no idea if Gdata have that type of official info. :unsure:

Figured out, that if I opened up GData with the desktop icon, I get the first pic. Now, if you look at it closely, it’s for GData antivirus.
If I open the program from the taskbar, I get internet security, 2nd picture. I believe that GData updated the program today. I BELIEVE. It’s just a super duper head scratcher. ✌️

Reactions: upnorth

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I contacted them, now waiting for it to happen again to take a screenshot for them. Not sure what they need a screenshot for, but whatever.

Originally trying to fill out their form online was basically giving me an error and not submitting, so hopefully everything sorts itself soon
Any update on this? Did they said anything?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing an issue with G DATA turning off randomly and causing the Microsoft Security Center to alert you. Generally, this happens due to some sort of conflict between G DATA and Windows Security.

Here are some steps that you can follow to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that both G DATA and Windows 11 are up-to-date with the latest updates and patches.
2. Try to disable Windows Defender, as it may conflict with G DATA. To disable it, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings > Turn off the Real-time protection toggle switch.
3. Open G DATA and check if all modules are active.
4. Try to perform a deep system scan using G DATA and see if it detects any malware or viruses.
5. Check if any other security software is installed on your computer that may be conflicting with G DATA. If so, try to uninstall it.
6. If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling G DATA.

Hopefully, this will help you resolve the issue. If the problem persists, you can reach out to G DATA customer support for further assistance.

entropism

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
None of that is relevant. And reaching out to GData they wanted screenshots of the issue, which is pretty funny.

• HaHa
Reactions: Jack

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I'm sorry to hear that the suggested steps were not helpful. If the issue persists, you may want to try the following:

1. One thing you could try is to make sure that G DATA is set as the default antivirus program in Windows Security. Here's how:

1. Open Windows Security by clicking on the shield icon in the taskbar or by searching for it in the Start menu.
2. Click on "Virus & threat protection" in the left-hand menu.
3. Under "Virus & threat protection settings," click on "Manage providers."
4. Make sure that G DATA is listed as the default antivirus program. If it's not, click on it and select "Set as default."

2. Check if there are any conflicting programs or services running on your computer that may be causing the issue. You can use the Task Manager to check for any suspicious processes or services.

3. Try disabling any third-party firewalls or security software that may be conflicting with G DATA.

4. Check if there are any pending Windows updates that need to be installed. Sometimes, outdated Windows components can cause conflicts with security software.

5. Try running the G DATA software in compatibility mode. Right-click on the G DATA icon and select Properties > Compatibility > Run this program in compatibility mode for > select an earlier version of Windows.

If none of these steps work, you can try contacting G DATA customer support again and provide them with any relevant information or error messages that you may have encountered. They may be able to provide you with more specific troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to their development team for further investigation.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Figured out, that if I opened up GData with the desktop icon, I get the first pic. Now, if you look at it closely, it’s for GData antivirus.
If I open the program from the taskbar, I get internet security, 2nd picture. I believe that GData updated the program today. I BELIEVE. It’s just a super duper head scratcher. ✌️
That for sure looks like an update and it's normally always recommended to use the latest version as those comes with bugfixes, improvements etc, but personal I'm a bit curious if you @BigWrench also have or seen the exact same issue that OP tried to describe?

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
That for sure looks like an update and it's normally always recommended to use the latest version as those comes with bugfixes, improvements etc, but personal I'm a bit curious if you @BigWrench also have or seen the exact same issue that OP tried to describe?
Honestly, I have not seen it turning off. ✌️
However, I'm not running windows11

• Thanks
Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.