GDATA 2020 Release Notes

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
I installed the 25.5.5.43 from this link https://gdata-a.akamaihd.net/Q/WEB/B2C/LAT/25.5.5.43/GDATA_INTERNETSECURITY_WEB_LAT.exe but still got the 25.5.5.40 installed, not a big deal, but interesting anyway.

I dont know why the official brazilian website isnt offering the portuguese installer version (latin america).

My install of 25.5.5.40 recently automatically prompted for a program update to *.43 which completed successfully and is running well.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Tried it a week ago.Expected a lot of good things from it, but i ended up very disappointed.
First the product is light. I also tried Avira recently which is also light on the system, but there is no way these two products can be compared to Eset on performance. Those guys from Eset are on a master level in terms of performance management.

So my Gdata trial detected Iobit Smart Defrag as a Pup.Ok fine i said to myself(i was thinking of reinstalling it later) It asked me that a restart would be necessary to remove the program, notifying me that the screen may remain black on the next boot for some more time, due to the removal and that is normal.I restarted my PC and guess what?My deskop remained black indefinitely.GDATA poping up telling if i want to disinfect or not. Had to restart my Pc 4 times after applying the "log only" option on the notification pop up.

I would have understood if it was a serious virus infection.But removing Iobit Smart defrag with so much problems, it was a bit too much. The product needs some more work.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have purchased a G Data License from eBay for 7.5 Euros. Is there any way to changed the login credentials (username and password) ? When I change the email address, the seller seems to keep reverting it back to the original email. Should I contact GData support? Thank you

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have purchased a G Data License from eBay for 7.5 Euros. Is there any way to changed the login credentials (username and password) ? When I change the email address, the seller seems to keep reverting it back to the original email. Should I contact GData support? Thank you

It was a very bad experince. I contacted G Data support over phone and they were very friendly. The support agent did change the account credntials as I requested. The next day I tried to sign in but I got the error message "invalid credentials". Contacted the support again and they told me that the original buyer (the eBay seller) asked to change the credential again and that there is nothing I can do about it.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
It was a very bad experince. I contacted G Data support over phone and they were very friendly. The support agent did change the account credntials as I requested. The next day I tried to sign in but I got the error message "invalid credentials". Contacted the support again and they told me that the original buyer (the eBay seller) asked to change the credential again and that there is nothing I can do about it.
So are you able to use the license you purchased under the seller's email address based account, or are you locked out from using it completely? I've seen that seller on eBay and it seems to be a common practice among software resellers to have the license remain under their account which cannot be changed. Not clear what the implication of that would be, whether they have access to your personal data or what other risks it might present. I'd appreciate any advise regarding such sales and potential problems they may present. TIA!

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
So are you able to use the license you purchased under the seller's email address based account, or are you locked out from using it completely? I've seen that seller on eBay and it seems to be a common practice among software resellers to have the license remain under their account which cannot be changed. Not clear what the implication of that would be, whether they have access to your personal data or what other risks it might present. I'd appreciate any advise regarding such sales and potential problems they may present. TIA!

I sent the seller a message asking him why he keeps changing the details and he never answered. He cancelled the order and issued a refund with me asking for it. Anyway I was able to use the license but chose not to: I did not like the whole idea. It is supposed to be my licesne and I have complete control over it.

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
You could have read previous G Data threads and found that I was giving 120 day IS personal accounts for those who wanted. That's in total 4 months and not spend a penny + you were able to change email, but not the randomly generated password. I feel for your bad experience with dishonest Ebay seller. If you buy G Data from Ebay, the ONLY legit way is when the seller directly provides NEW serial wich you input manually in registration form in G Data software, under your name, address, email, yada, yada. You should NOT buy any G Data license below 10$/€ it's simply a shared account.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
You could have read previous G Data threads and found that I was giving 120 day IS personal accounts for those who wanted. That's in total 4 months and not spend a penny + you were able to change email, but not the randomly generated password. I feel for your bad experience with dishonest Ebay seller. If you buy G Data from Ebay, the ONLY legit way is when the seller directly provides NEW serial wich you input manually in registration form in G Data software, under your name, address, email, yada, yada. You should NOT buy any G Data license below 10$/€ it's simply a shared account.

Thank you @davisd . Actually I saw your posts regarding the free 120 days licenses and I thank you for your generosity. The seller on eBay sent me the product key but he activated the key on his part. He said clearly that some eBay customers activate the key and then request their money back and that's why he activates the product keys. Regarding the password, you can contact G Data support and they will change it for you but they will demand some verification that the license is yours. Anyway, I have used G Data for some days and I was amazed how light it has become. The seller from whom I purchased the license is, surprisingly, an authorised seller. I guess he needs to keep accounts data unchanged so that he receives special promotions? In the very same account he sent me, I was offer to upgrade to the Total version for $5. I could also pay another $5 to add up to 10 more devices.

Reactions: roger_m

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Thank you @davisd . Actually I saw your posts regarding the free 120 days licenses and I thank you for your generosity. The seller on eBay sent me the product key but he activated the key on his part. He said clearly that some eBay customers activate the key and then request their money back and that's why he activates the product keys. Regarding the password, you can contact G Data support and they will change it for you but they will demand some verification that the license is yours. Anyway, I have used G Data for some days and I was amazed how light it has become. The seller from whom I purchased the license is, surprisingly, an authorised seller. I guess he needs to keep accounts data unchanged so that he receives special promotions? In the very same account he sent me, I was offer to upgrade to the Total version for $5. I could also pay another $5 to add up to 10 more devices.
My G Data trial is approaching expiration (thanks again to @davisd) and am looking at my options to purchase a one year license. I see the eBay seller referenced above still selling for $8.24, as well as another seller also from Germany for $10.42 who claims to be an authorized G Data reseller but sends you the actual license key. The only disclaimer there seems to be: "We sell programs directly from the manufacturer. Standard activation only possible in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. In other countries, you must use a VPN when you first activate. Then everything works fine." So activation from US would require use of a VPN. Would this be preferred to the other seller which provides a pre-activated license but under their own account? I don't currently have VPN service on my Windows 10 PC but suppose I could find a free trial just to use for such an activation. I'd appreciate advice on which scenario would be best between these two. TIA!

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
My G Data trial is approaching expiration (thanks again to @davisd) and am looking at my options to purchase a one year license. I see the eBay seller referenced above still selling for $8.24, as well as another seller also from Germany for $10.42 who claims to be an authorized G Data reseller but sends you the actual license key. The only disclaimer there seems to be: "We sell programs directly from the manufacturer. Standard activation only possible in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. In other countries, you must use a VPN when you first activate. Then everything works fine." So activation from US would require use of a VPN. Would this be preferred to the other seller which provides a pre-activated license but under their own account? I don't currently have VPN service on my Windows 10 PC but suppose I could find a free trial just to use for such an activation. I'd appreciate advice on which scenario would be best between these two. TIA!
Best scenario is to keep your money, and i'll get you another :cool:

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
Didn't realize that was even a possibility, but thanks again. I've still got a couple of weeks left on the initial trial.
Sure, hit me up when it's about to expire, I dont keep track on given out lics, so even I don't know myself how many days each one has left :D Either way, i'd preffer this way rather than buy keys from Ebay and realise user/client don't even have cntrol over the account - not allowed to change the personal info wich means accounts are shared accross multiple users, and that's allready a scam, fk that.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Neither. Keep an eye on Amazon and buy a 100% legit key.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
I found these US offers for 80% off G DATA Internet Security or Total Security directly from G DATA. They provide the full license key but it specifies "Registration must be completed by 12/31/2020 at the latest." I purchased the 1 year single PC IS license for $7.99 plus tax. When I first found these offers they showed the correct discounted price but were adding an additional $3 to the amount of the order. I emailed their support and the pricing was fixed as of this morning so I placed my order. Hope some others can take advantage of this pricing!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.