GDATA 2020 Release Notes

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Successfully renewed my GDATA IS license purchased from the deal above by simply entering it via the GDATA settings under 'Activate new license'. It then extended my license term by a full year without losing the remaining days and generated an email notification of my new login access. All changes were also immediately reflected on their website under the MYGDATA login. Such seamless license extension is very nice and much better than most of the competition which often discard your remaining days or require you to contact their customer service to bridge licenses. I'm very pleased with GDATA IS which I never would have tried if it weren't for the free 120 day trial kindly provided by @davisd . Product updates are also seamlessly provided without requiring re-installation.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
I found these US offers for 80% off G DATA Internet Security or Total Security directly from G DATA. They provide the full license key but it specifies "Registration must be completed by 12/31/2020 at the latest." I purchased the 1 year single PC IS license for $7.99 plus tax. When I first found these offers they showed the correct discounted price but were adding an additional $3 to the amount of the order. I emailed their support and the pricing was fixed as of this morning so I placed my order. Hope some others can take advantage of this pricing!

Happen to have a direct link? Nothing showing up in that google search.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Updated to version 25.5.6.20:

Web protection for the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser.
Flawless functioning of all safety components after a program update.
Device control dialog "Access to the following device was denied" is displayed correctly.
Optimization of blacklisting and whitelisting for your protection against spam emails.
Improved performance thanks to bug fixes (system process AVKProxy.exe).
Easy installation of the web protection extension for Google Chrome.
Web protection extension for Mozilla Firefox is shown as installed.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Updated to version 25.5.6.20:

Web protection for the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser.
Flawless functioning of all safety components after a program update.
Device control dialog "Access to the following device was denied" is displayed correctly.
Optimization of blacklisting and whitelisting for your protection against spam emails.
Improved performance thanks to bug fixes (system process AVKProxy.exe).
Easy installation of the web protection extension for Google Chrome.
Web protection extension for Mozilla Firefox is shown as installed.
I'm not automatically receiving this update, still on version 25.5.5.43 . Not showing up in notifications, does it have to be manually installed after an uninstall???

UPDATE: Just logged into My G DATA and see a message about this new version being available, and that I should click on the notification in the program to install it. Problem is that there is no notification about it in the program yet... maybe I have to wait a bit since the message was dated today.

Last edited:

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
I'm not automatically receiving this update, still on version 25.5.5.43 . Not showing up in notifications, does it have to be manually installed after an uninstall???

UPDATE: Just logged into My G DATA and see a message about this new version being available, and that I should click on the notification in the program to install it. Problem is that there is no notification about it in the program yet... maybe I have to wait a bit since the message was dated today.
Still no update received nor notification on the G DATA screen. Sent support an email yesterday asking about it, awaiting a response.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Still no update received nor notification on the G DATA screen. Sent support an email yesterday asking about it, awaiting a response.
Received response from GDATA CS that the automatic update is being released in phases to not overload their servers, but if I preferred to install it now to run their install software and choose the Easy Update option. I downloaded and ran the software but there was no update option given, only uninstall or customize installation. They then instructed me to do a full uninstall and reinstall which would require re-registration of my license, so I've decided to just wait for the automated update option which will hopefully be made available to me soon.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Received response from GDATA CS that the automatic update is being released in phases to not overload their servers, but if I preferred to install it now to run their install software and choose the Easy Update option. I downloaded and ran the software but there was no update option given, only uninstall or customize installation. They then instructed me to do a full uninstall and reinstall which would require re-registration of my license, so I've decided to just wait for the automated update option which will hopefully be made available to me soon.
When you posted the discounted G Data, I downloaded the TS version and it installed the latest version. That was over a week ago right? A couple more days won't harm.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Yes, I provided the direct links one week ago... glad you were able to get in on that deal!
Unfortunately, I could not. I installed the trial version. I tried to purchase the product, so I placed the order and paid via CC but later my order was cancelled. I though it was normal (usually placed orders need to be confirmed which usually takes an hour or two) but no the order was cancelled instead. I tried to pay again using Amazon Pay, but the payment failed again and my Amazon account was closed. Believe me I needed G Data as the last time I tried it it was very light and responsive but no luck.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Unfortunately, I could not. I installed the trial version. I tried to purchase the product, so I placed the order and paid via CC but later my order was cancelled. I though it was normal (usually placed orders need to be confirmed which usually takes an hour or two) but no the order was cancelled instead. I tried to pay again using Amazon Pay, but the payment failed again and my Amazon account was closed. Believe me I needed G Data as the last time I tried it it was very light and responsive but no luck.
Sorry about that... not sure why payment would have failed unless you're outside the US, since the offer was from G Data US. :(

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Sorry about that... not sure why payment would have failed unless you're outside the US, since the offer was from G Data US. :(
Haha I am from the other side of the world. What intrigues me is that whenever I visit G Data website, I land on the US website, so that's weird. But maybe their payment provider is the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: stefanos

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
does anyone else think that there file monitoring system uses alot of memory in task manager i noticed it the other day mine was 458 mb memory
maybe thats right but seems alot to me just wondering
I have used the latest version of the TS version for a week and have not noticed that much of RAM usage. When I install a new security product, I update it and run a full system scan and then restart the system. This would help with caching and safe files to be excluded from further scans. As far as I remember, the Ram Usage was around 180.

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
ok thanks just wanted to make sure

memory usage is the same low its just gdata file monitoring seemed high probably a fresh install like you mentioned

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Mr7ech

Feb 17, 2020
does anyone else think that there file monitoring system uses alot of memory in task manager i noticed it the other day mine was 458 mb memory
maybe thats right but seems alot to me just wondering
I also experience the new G DATA version 25.5.5.43 with very high memory (RAM) usage unfortunately.
Hopefully the next update will fix this please anyone who has such a problem report G DATA I have been using their product for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Well... after waiting to receive the phased product update which was released over a week ago I got impatient and took their advice to uninstall and reinstall G Data IS. When entering my license details the system showed my license status as being expired, and that was for the one year license I just purchased. So I contacted their support who kindly reset my license and added a free month for the inconvenience. So I went through the lengthy reinstall and it now took my license and showed it as active, but after all of that it still shows that I'm running version 25.5.5.43 still with no notification option to update. Contacted their support again asking when I can actually expect to get the product update. They just responded suggesting I "simply wait for the software to announce the new update, as it only mostly minor bug fixes and small tweaks." After all that I'm back where I started. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Forum member @miyagi was kind enough to contact me once he determined why even after my re-installation I was still on v25.5.5.43 and not getting the latest version. What he found was that there are two different versions of the installation software depending on where you access it, either from their European site gdatasoftware.com or their US site gdata-software.com. The EU version installs the latest version 25.5.6.20. When I ran the uninstall this time I selected the option to maintain my settings and data and then when I re-installed the program my license information was recognized and activated successfully.

In case anyone else wants to do the same version upgrade, The EU file name is "GDATA_INTERNETSECURITY_WEB_WEU.exe" which installs the latest version while the US site download is named "GDATA_INTERNETSECURITY_WEB_NAM.exe" which currently still installs the old version.

I wanted to publicly thank @miyagi for his assistance in helping me to resolve this issue. (y) Here's to you! :emoji_beer:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.