Gems configuration

Gems

Thread author
May 28, 2014
I will be sharing my PC for awhile until my sister gets a new one since hers broke down. I use the administrator user while she uses a limited account.

How's my configuration? What do I need to add/remove?

Reactions: Ink and ALi

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Maybe HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome.Other than that looks Good!! Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: Gems
Y

yigido

How is it compared to ABP? I installed it and couldnt really see much difference?care to add more detail?
Thanks!
2. Why Adguard rather than ABP?
Because our extension is better, faster, easier and better-looking. Adguard is an adblocker of new generation. We don’t hold on to the code, written years ago. We listen carefully to our users and react to their wishes and suggestions.

We’ve created our own infrastructure, that includes:
+ Extensions for all popular browsers
+ Applications for Windows and soon for Mac OS, Android, iOS
+ Our own ad filters, which we support relying on feedback from users

We never stop and constantly improve our product:
http://blog.adguard.com/en/adguard-news/adguard-road-map.html

Gems

Thread author
May 28, 2014

I'm looking for a user review and not a company complimenting their own product

Y

yigido

I'm looking for a user review and not a company complimenting their own product
Then, I am using it on my Opera and Firefox(beta). It performs better than ABP. They updates their filtrs quickly (that my reported ads)
Pretty cool user interface and I think malicious page blocking is better than ABP. You can block ads by your hands and I love the icon. :)

ABP effects on Firefox’s memory usage

Last edited by a moderator:

Gems

Thread author
May 28, 2014
Then, I am using it on my Opera and Firefox(beta). It performs better than ABP. They updates their filtrs quickly (that my reported ads)
Pretty cool user interface and I think malicious page blocking is better than ABP. You can block ads by your hands and I love the icon. :)

ABP effects on Firefox’s memory usage

Oh thanks! I just switched to adguard. It does seem a lot lighter than ABP.

Gems

Thread author
May 28, 2014
Added: Eagleget
Removed: Mozilla firefox (will be using IE with easylist+easyprivacy as an alternative browser)

Edit: Removed dropbox and added google drive instead.

Last edited:
Y

yigido

Added: Eagleget
Removed: Mozilla firefox (will be using IE with easylist+easyprivacy as an alternative browser)
VODlRUP.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.