Advice Request Ghostpress: Can only open as Admin.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Junglist

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

I have recently updated to the latest version (2.5.1266) and I am having some problems with Ghostpress not opening. With the previous version I opened it with a taskbar shortcut that was set to open in administrator mode. With this latest update I want Ghostpress to open on Windows startup.

There is a startup entry in Task Manager for Ghostpress but it doesn’t seem to work. When it’s enabled Ghostpress appears in Task Manager, sometimes twice using a fair amount of CPU resources but never opens. If I disable startup and open it from the shortcut I get the same result. I can only successfully open Ghostpress if I use the shortcut to open as administrator.

Can I get Ghostpress to open on startup, or do I have to open it manually as admin only?

Mark.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
1677459397203.png

I'm using Ghostpress latest version. No issue on auto start up when Windows start. Running in Administrator mode

Don't upgrade but do a new install. Suggest you uninstall Ghostpress and re-install again.

Junglist

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

I uninstalled Ghostpress by following these instructions and deleted the Ghostpress folder. I then downloaded Ghostpress from schiffer.tech/ghostpress.html, installed it, granting admin privaliges in the set up, then selected "run this program as an administrator" under "compatibility for all users". Startup is enabled in Task Manager, but it does not auto start and there are no Ghostpress processes showing. It will only open manually.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.