Troubleshoot Glasswire crashed

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Am trying out Glasswire free version and a few days ago Glasswire crashed and left a dump file on my desktop. Any Idea what I am suppose to do with this dump file?

Thanks

Reactions: Weebarra and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Am trying out Glasswire free version and a few days ago Glasswire crashed and left a dump file on my desktop. Any Idea what I am suppose to do with this dump file?

Thanks
Send it to glasswire support, along with your description of the issue.

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
That's big.
So you upload it to your favorite cloud service, and send them a link.
I have never had a cloud service, I have one drive but don't remember my password for that.
I will wait and see if they respond to my e-mail. Maybe they have a spot I can upload the file too.
If mot I will WFC or something. I was using Tinywall up until a few months ago when an insider build killed it and it is not being developed any longer.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have never had a cloud service, I have one drive but don't remember my password for that.
So forget about them. I am sure they have thousands of user with the same issue, let them send the logs.
If you really want to report it, there are free services such as jumbo mail that allow you to upload large files and send email links, they keep the link active for a number of days.

Upvote 0

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
What kind of crash log is that to be that big? Have you opened it?
To answer your question, you can use any free file sharing service simply google "file share" because I'm not sure if it is ok to mention names here regarding forum rules.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
What kind of crash log is that to be that big? Have you opened it?
To answer your question, you can use any free file sharing service simply google "file share" because I'm not sure if it is ok to mention names here regarding forum rules.

I have not opened it with win debug. Haven't look at a dump file in years. Support got back to me and I am uploading the file as I am typing.
It is taking forever to upload 166 meg. But be a slow service.

Reactions: shmu26
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.