Build Help Good CPU Cooler for Intel Core i5-6500?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Mar 2, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Microsoft
I prefer air because (1) there's no risk of leaks and (2) air - especially OEM air provides some cooling for the heat sensitive/heat generating devices surrounding the CPU socket. These devices are often overlooked when using alternative cooling solutions.

Unless doing extreme overclocking, all water does is provide bragging rights.

While providing sufficient cooling is absolutely essential, that does not mean cooler is automatically better. As long as your temps sit comfortably within the normal operating range, you are fine. That is, a CPU running at 30°C cannot be expected to perform better, be more stable, or have a longer life expectancy than a CPU running at 50°C.

ttto

Level 7
Sep 22, 2016
Operating System
MacOS High Sierra
Installed Antivirus
Norton
cooler master pro 4 is a fine cooler and not very expensive. One friend bought it and is very happy with it.

BoraMurdar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 30, 2012
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Emsisoft
Hi guys I´ve build my pc like 2 months ago and Im not very happy with stock cooler (intel core i5-6500).
I´d like to know if this cooler is good "Cooler CPU Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED" (Portuguese website but I think you can understand what product it is) and in case its not good I would like to you to recommend me a good one.
Sorry my english.
What amount were you planning to spend on a CPU cooler?