Good old us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com won't go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry I took so long to reply. I had some family issues to attend to and was away from home for a bit. I'm still having issues with the search popping up every now and then. Should I maybe run the code you sent before through ZOEK again?
 
I don't know if this has to do with the issue or not, but ever since I got this malware my internet has been dropping service about every half an hour or so. I don't know if this is in correlation with the malware or not. I've been debating on just taking my computer back to best buy and having them wipe it clean, and restarting.
 
I would like one more check, I think i know what could be the problem.


Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.


  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
 
Okay, tell me is it fixed after this fix:



FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top