Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
In the latest move to improve the privacy of the Chrome browser, Google is adding support for a new HTML tag that prevents user tracking by isolating embedded content from the page embedding it.

Currently, web browsers allow third-party iframes to communicate with their embedding page. This can be done using postMessage, attributes (e.g., size and name), and permissions.

With browser developers restricting third-party cookies to prevent user tracking, advertising companies have proposed different programming APIs that advertisers can use for interest-based advertising.

These new interest-based advertising technologies include Google's FLoC, Microsoft's PARAKEET, and Facebook's Conversion Lift.

However, when third-party cookies have been removed, these technologies should not be possible to track users by the cross-joining of data between an iframe and its embedder.

To prevent this, Google is adding a new form of embedded iframe called a "fenced frame" to isolate the embedded content and not allow it to see the user data of the embedding page.
More information in the linked Bleeping Computer article:

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

J. R. R. Tolkien

Attachments

• I wish.jpg
    I wish.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 238

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.