In which security product is Google database (on VirusTotal) incorporated?
It scores very good, even better than some famous vendors!
It scores very good, even better than some famous vendors!
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Yes, I know; also Kaspersky databse is incorporated in VT, but you can find it in Kaspersky products.Google's database is incorporated in a security product called VirusTotal, which is a free online service that analyzes files and URLs for viruses, worms, trojans, and other kinds of malicious content.
Google's database used in VirusTotal is not available as a standalone product outside of VirusTotal. It's a proprietary database used specifically for the service.Yes, I know; also Kaspersky databse is incorporated in VT, but you can find it in Kaspersky products.
Where to find Google database outside VT?
You mean Google creates such database exclusively for VT?Google's database used in VirusTotal is not available as a standalone product outside of VirusTotal. It's a proprietary database used specifically for the service.
Yes, that's correct. Google maintains this database specifically for use in the VirusTotal service.You mean Google creates such database exclusively for VT?
I really need to know; I found it scoring higher than major vendors such as B.No offense, but I think that the topics you open are purely to get interaction.
Google and Eset have been collaborating together for years. Eset helps Google in many areas (such as Chrome malware detection and PlayStore malware detection). By the way, Eset and Google are founding members of the App Defense Alliance.I really need to know; I found it scoring higher than major vendors such as B.
I do not use paid security suits; is google definitions database available for any free ones?Google and Eset have been collaborating together for years. Eset helps Google in many areas (such as Chrome malware detection and PlayStore malware detection). By the way, Eset and Google are founding members of the App Defense Alliance.
ESET Becomes Founding Member of Google’s App Defense Alliance; ESET to Proactively Protect Mobile Applications on the Google Play Store
News and announcements directly from the maker of legendary NOD32 technology.www.eset.com
Google Chrome and ESET collaborate in fight against online threats
Company news from the maker of legendary NOD32 technology.www.eset.com
No, it is only used in chrome browser detections.I do not use paid security suits; is google definitions database available for any free ones?
I have the impression its detection rate on VT is higher than that of Chrome; I wonder if it is the same database!No, it is only used in chrome browser detections.
then they have to launch their own antivirus backed up by plethora of threat telemetry and call it Google Defender; they are performing more than good on VT.VirusTotal is actually owned by Google.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes