Google Provides Default Secure Search for users

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenTester

Thread author
Jul 30, 2011
we are here to learn not to fight.

"whenever people laugh at my mistake, i will think today they had chance"-Breakthesec.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
HTTPS was designed to be a secure transport technology for the HTTP protocol stack. That's it - make web pages secure. That's how it came to be. It used SSL as a transport layer; which now today also includes TLS as well. It allows a client (now built natively into browser applications) to securely connect & send web traffic to the host. Other protocols & traffic patterns are generally unaffected by this security layer. HTTPS is also typically uses digital certificate technology to manage verification & key coding processes. Servers issuing certificates are called authorities & must be trusted by both clients & web servers to be authentic. Certificates validate a host is who it says it is.

Link

One of the reason why most of the websites are preferring to make HTTPS to be default.

D

Deleted member 178

this kind of SSL connections is mostly used (actually) by sensitive websites (bank, financial, online sellers,etc...) to elevate the capacity to be unreadable by anyone else than the endpoint (the website you want reach)

you know that your packets (your datas) transit and are cached by the various servers during its journey to the endpoint; SSL allow the traffic to not being cached (and not being readable) until it reaches its destination (and so the connection being terminated).

alternately, browsers can be configured to not save these pages, for the purpose of your security (sensitive log-in passwords will not being saved, and accessed and used for "automatic" log in, by illegitimate users on your machine)

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
The secure connection attemps to make it impossible for anyone other than Google and yourself to see what's on the page.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
i dont use it because it doesnt have the translate, gmail, image,etc...links
+1

But you can use Voice search, though it's not accurate for me.

[attachment=865]

Attachments

• gsslv.png
    gsslv.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 469

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Still typing the word search is the best choice at all. Voice search gave a low possibility chance to get accurate especially in speaking with pronunciation.

I

illumination

umbrapolaris said:

Might want to give it another try, they are showing up on mine..

I

illumination

BoXX28 said:
What's the use of Common Sense when you don't have enough knowledge? Great post from PenTester for busting win7holic. :D

For a "security Expert", you are lacking in business ethics. win7holic is entitled to his opinion and or ways to provide his own security. Whether anyone here agree's with his ways or not. He at least shows respect to people in the forum that differ in opinion. I for one, am tired of seeing this complete lack of regard from you towards others in this forum, and I am puzzled that the forum mods have not come down on you for it!

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
For a "security Expert", you are lacking in business ethics. win7holic is entitled to his opinion and or ways to provide his own security. Whether anyone here agree's with his ways or not. He at least shows respect to people in the forum that differ in opinion. I for one, am tired of seeing this complete lack of regard from you towards others in this forum, and I am puzzled that the forum mods have not come down on you for it!

He has been warned and has had posting privileges temporarily revoked.

I

illumination

HeffeD said:
thewolfsmith72 said:

He has been warned and has had posting privileges temporarily revoked.

Thank you for the prompt reply HeffeD.. I know there will be occasional flare up's with the difference of opinions on certain topics, but this has been crossing the line.. It is good to see that the Mods have taken care of this.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
umbrapolaris said:

You might want to use https://www.google.com/ , which has all the usual links on the top bar (images, maps, news, gmail etc)

However, https://encrypted.google.com/ doesn't.

D

Deleted member 178

Tomo172 said:
You might want to use https://www.google.com/ , which has all the usual links on the top bar (images, maps, news, gmail etc)

yes it is what i looked for. thanks

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
I use https://encrypted.google.com and I still get all of the regular links - they just aren't at the top.

First search your keyword/term and then you can click "images" on teh left side.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Hungry Man said:
I use https://encrypted.google.com and I still get all of the regular links - they just aren't at the top.

First search your keyword/term and then you can click "images" on teh left side.

It's generally easier too since you won't need to click twice as much.

D

Deleted member 178

Hungry Man said:

i want them on the top ! :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I prefer using normal Google, and as long as Gmail and other logins are HTTPS. I'm happy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.