Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Google has begun the rollout of the new integrated Gmail view for users who have turned on Chat. The new interface puts a bar down the left-hand side of your Gmail inbox to quickly access other Google services such as Chat, Spaces, and Meet.

To get the new interface, head to your Gmail settings (press See all settings from the drop-down) and then in the Chat and Meet tab, ensure Google Chat is selected as the Chat option, then press save changes. Once you’ve turned chat on, you’ll see Chat, Spaces, and Meet down the left-hand side of Gmail. To get the new interface, press the settings cog for the drop-down menu and press Try out the new Gmail view.

Immediately, you’ll notice the use of the much cleaner Material 3 interface. The new interface also leverages search chips that make it a lot easier to find the email you are looking for. To access the chips, just type a query in the search field and above the results the search chips will let you filter by sender, recipient, and more.

If you don’t like the new Gmail interface, as some inevitably won’t, Google will keep the option for you to revert to the previous version. Also, you’ll be able to go to the settings drop-down and customize which items you have in the sidebar, so you can disable the things you don’t use.

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Switch to ProtonMail while you still have some dignity left. I'm so glad I quit 99% of all Google services short of YouTube. The reason was these constant redesigns, not committing to new ideas, not listening to feedback at all. Google is just changing the UI every once in a while for the sake of change with zero improvements to usability, often usability gets worse.

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Switch to ProtonMail while you still have some dignity left. I'm so glad I quit 99% of all Google services short of YouTube. The reason was these constant redesigns, not committing to new ideas, not listening to feedback at all. Google is just changing the UI every once in a while for the sake of change with zero improvements to usability, often usability gets worse.
I am not using any of Google service either (only youtube every once in a while and without signing in). I am using Fastmail as my email provider.

Reactions: SpiderWeb

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Regarding the handling of Google Play apps, I find it particularly difficult to use these days.:mad:📱

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I enabled but still don't see this option:
1659100651846.png
Image credit:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I enabled but still don't see this option:
View attachment 268242
Image credit:
In the article on ghacks.net
Note: The option to switch to the new Gmail design may not be available for all users just yet.

I don't think it's available in perfect condition yet.
please Give Me all:)

L

Local Host

Microsoft flashbacks, I hate living in this day and age.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I have two email accts and gmail is one of them. .

I like the new format, I'm not going to lie. It's neater and less cluttered and doesn't have that stupid "something's not right" message in yellow by the Hangouts tab (which ain't there no more, thank goodness).

Def. not a Google fan but it's pretty nice. But this is personal taste, of course.

gmail snip.PNG

Edit: it seems you can go back to the old view in gmail settings, it seems. But I'm keeping the new view settings here.

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I have two email accts and gmail is one of them. .

I like the new format, I'm not going to lie. It's neater and less cluttered and doesn't have that stupid "something's not right" message in yellow by the Hangouts tab (which ain't there no more, thank goodness).

Def. not a Google fan but it's pretty nice. But this is personal taste, of course.

Edit: it seems you can go back to the old view in gmail settings, it seems. But I'm keeping the new view settings here.
Me too. I love how Gmail did evolve.

Overnight Success: It Takes Years

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.