Not open for further replies.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Officially disgusted with Toshiba. Got my computer back said there was a motherboard malfunction. When I looked at the system and security I had 4 gb instead of my original 8. They denied everything. Well hopefully things will get fixed so. :(

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
@J Gamez065 , if you still have the invoice or the box in which the laptop came in; it would've have the specs mentioning the amount of RAM. I hate all companies with international presence, not giving an international service. They might provide the service to you, but at a fee :mad:

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
This is what I think happened...

The memory slot on the MB is bad and removing that one stick solved the issue. They did a easy fix and hoped that you didn't catch it :) I say this because I have seen it happen once before. Please keep us updated on this as I am curious if this is the case. You can try it yourself. Remove the good stick and put it in the other slot and see what happens.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
This is what I think happened...

The memory slot on the MB is bad and removing that one stick solved the issue. They did a easy fix and hoped that you didn't catch it :) I say this because I have seen it happen once before. Please keep us updated on this as I am curious if this is the case. You can try it yourself. Remove the good stick and put it in the other slot and see what happens.
I was thinking the same thing. But that does not justify deceiving your customer! If that's truly the case, he deserves a replacement laptop. I swore not to buy Toshiba laptops about 5 years back and made it known all the way to their HO in Asia :mad:

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
I was thinking the same thing. But that does not justify deceiving your customer! If that's truly the case, he deserves a replacement laptop. I swore not to buy Toshiba laptops about 5 years back and made it known all the way to their HO in Asia :mad:

Oh no doubt. I am not defending them for "fixing" it by removing a memory stick. If the slot is bad he should get a new MB and the proper amount of original RAM. If that can't be done (no new MB available for his model) then he should receive a new computer.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Totally the computer is under warranty. Never dropped it. My family believes it was a multiple layered protection glitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sana and kev216

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
Totally the computer is under warranty and I hadn't dropped it recently. Judging on how I talked to the guy last night I may have to return the computer for another 3 weeks. :( Everyone thinks the computer broke due to having all these layers of protection Zemana, Herdprotect, etc.

Huh? Who is everyone and what does this "break" have to do with layered protection? I thought you said they diagnosed it as a mother board issue? A MB issue has nothing to do with the software you mention as it's software, not hardware. Did you do what I said and switched the memory stick to the other memory slot on the board? Do that and let us know what you get.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Family says I dropped the computer. Others say it was layered protection. I have no idea if I have to return the computer today. I also don't want to void anything with the way the company is.

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I would make sure I posted this on all the security sites. Let everyone know the sub par workmanship this company has. Who knows there may someone in one of the sites who may be able to help you.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Family says I dropped the computer. Others say it was layered protection. I have no idea if I have to return the computer today. I also don't want to void anything with the way the company is.
Family is family. Either way electronics or any goods for that matter, are the luck of the draw.

Too much or too less software, don't matter. Think of it as a BURN-IN test over a longer period of time ;)
With a warranty like that, I'd never turn off my computer. It's better to have a lot of failures during the warranty, so you're covered :D

If I were you, I'd also get a spare PC, it's quite hard to do without them these days :)

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I just got the computer back yesterday and knew not to throw out the box. :D

Reactions: Sana

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
UPDATE: Toshiba is taking the computer again to "fix" the problem and I have to wait another few weeks sending, repairing etc. Worst customer service I have ever been given.:mad:

Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
UPDATE: Toshiba is taking the computer again to "fix" the problem and I have to wait another few weeks sending, repairing etc. Worst customer service I have ever been given.:mad:
I would also be very upset over all the rubbish service you got.

Reactions: Sana and Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Take your business elsewhere and don't give Toshiba another dime!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sana and frogboy

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
UPDATE: Talked with Toshiba and they accused us of giving them the computer with only 4gb of RAM. Unbelievable, I am not a law expert but isn't what they are doing criminal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.