• Gaming
    • Malware and threat analysis
    • Photography

kgm1973

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 28, 2021
Greetings, and hello everyone! :)

I'm an intermediate computer user (20+ years PC experience), and I came across this site from a duckduckgo search. I'd be interested in learning more about current/newly emerging threats, as well as how to handle them. I'm also open to trying/implementing a variety of methods.

Currently, I have Symantec Endpoint Protection (version 14.2), Malwarebytes (free edition) and SpyBot Search & Destroy (free edition). Symantec recently found some issues, and I'm experiencing slower Internet than usual (but everything else seems fine). Hopefully, I'll find some answers/help here. MANY THANKS, in advance!

Sincerely,

kgm1973 :)

kgm1973

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 28, 2021
Welcome aboard! :p:p

To get an idea of security configurations have a look here:

If you post your configuration there, more experienced members will happily advise you on your setup. (y)
EXCELLENT! Thanks! I just logged on a moment ago, and I was poking around for where I could ask a question -- and that looks like it might be the spot for it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.