Advice Request Hacking the camera own my compuer

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

vividal

Thread author
Apr 13, 2020
Hi, guys

I have a question, how could I replace the image shown by the camera when it is active live with a photo or an old video?

To explain it easier for example; a video call with a friend and instead of seeing you you can choose to show something more a video or old photo

I look forward to your response and recommendations

Reactions: [correlate]

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Probably this:
Virtual Webcam
Share your video clips or desktop screen with family and friends through your Instant Messengers even without a real webcam.

Just try :)

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
i dunno, if i can't see the video feed of who i'm talking too, i will not sit there and stare at some arbitrary still photo instead. i will just carry on a conversation while i do something else (multi-task). if the call is short, then i guess i will briefly stare at the pic, but if longer, i will navigate my visual attention elsewhere. that said, i thought skype, when the camera was turned off, would show your profile pic instead. it's been a long time since i used it though, so that might have changed. if it still does that, you can just set your profile icon to whatever pic you desire, and turn off your camera. they should then see that (?).

vividal

Thread author
Apr 13, 2020
You don't understand me, what I want to do is more complex than wanting to show a simple photo or make a video call without showing my face, if I wanted to simply hide the face I would do it with any program that allows me to make a call, I need to fully configure the How the computer camera works for different services in which the camera is used.
i dunno, if i can't see the video feed of who i'm talking too, i will not sit there and stare at some arbitrary still photo instead. i will just carry on a conversation while i do something else (multi-task). if the call is short, then i guess i will briefly stare at the pic, but if longer, i will navigate my visual attention elsewhere. that said, i thought skype, when the camera was turned off, would show your profile pic instead. it's been a long time since i used it though, so that might have changed. if it still does that, you can just set your profile icon to whatever pic you desire, and turn off your camera. they should then see that (?).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's not actually hacking.

You may be able to use VirtualCam for OBS (Open Broadcast Software), and it appears you can also use it for Skype and Discord.
Guide: Custom Webcam Output with OBS VirtualCam - Broadcast.gg

Plugin: OBS-VirtualCam
Homepage: Open Broadcaster Software | OBS
OBS is open-source software developed by volunteer contributors around the world in their free time. OBS is distributed under the GPLv2 license. The summary of the license is that OBS is free for anyone to use, for any reason. Other developers can use the OBS code in their own projects as long as they obey the guidelines set forth in the GPLv2 license. OBS has no watermarks or other limitations and can be used commercially with no restrictions.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.