Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Something like these:
Common users will think ConfigureDefender is a ransomware and they will learn the truth after joining MT that Hardeners are tools for Default Deny and keeps malwares out of the system.
I don't see the website connection at @Andy Ful's GitHub site.
and it looks like the samples were not known to WD or WD was disabled.
Protection from these attacks will be better with blocked sponsors?Some advanced 0-day attacks which can possibly bypass H_C recommended settings (very usable, but not maximally strong), can be detected by AV signatures after some days.
Though, such events will be rather improbable in the home environment.
Yes, but you will probably never see such attack on your computer.Protection from these attacks will be better with blocked sponsors?
I hid Configure Defender in my sister's lappie since her PC was becoming a villa of malwares. Its hidden deep within directories.Most excellent. Thanks to all of you for your efforts in this thread. Really top-notch!This is one of my main threads to follow.
BTW: I'm experimenting once again with H_C since I moved all of our files to our SUA from Admin (a holdover from 2017). I had uninstalled H_C because I previously had neglected to make this change. So I am now trying H_C & WD with VoodooShield in the more user-friendly Auto Mode & Moderate Security Posture. This is still probably overkill but since I copied all our files over it is not currently presenting the problems my wife had previously with H_C.![]()
What was her main problem with H_C?
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes