Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Another big problem:

I tried to install the firewall... everything went fine, until the Internet slowed down violently. I'm trying to do a speedtest, I've got 1900 down but ..... 0.40 up! (and a ping of 2030 even though I've got fiber...)

I remove the firewall, the speed goes up a little but still big lags in up, ping ultra high and an impossibility to stream, upload in FTP etc. ...

I tried to uninstall Harmony, and everything went back to normal....

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Another big problem:

I tried to install the firewall... everything went fine, until the Internet slowed down violently. I'm trying to do a speedtest, I've got 1900 down but ..... 0.40 up! (and a ping of 2030 even though I've got fiber...)

I remove the firewall, the speed goes up a little but still big lags in up, ping ultra high and an impossibility to stream, upload in FTP etc. ...

By default it allows all traffic and doesn't block anything.

With my policy that's quite restrictive and with my slow internet connection, I am getting this:
1689009872011.png

It's the same like without firewall.

I will attach from the iPhone shortly.
IMG_1745.jpeg

Not sure what went wrong there.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Another big problem:

I just did a quick test on VM running Harmony and also download was off the charts slow, but need to re-test after closing somethings on VM... :unsure: o_O

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
Another big problem:

Are you sure it's not because of this setting?

Advanced Anti-Bot Settings:​

• Background Protection Mode:
    • Background - This is the default mode. Connections are allowed while the bots are checked in the background.
    • Hold - Connections are blocked until the bot check is complete.

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Are you sure it's not because of this setting?

Advanced Anti-Bot Settings:​

• Background Protection Mode:
    • Background - This is the default mode. Connections are allowed while the bots are checked in the background.
    • Hold - Connections are blocked until the bot check is complete.
I am using it in Hold mode as well 😀

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
Another big problem:

My BD GravityZone firewall allows all trusted connections and everything is smooth and fast. I could never get the Harmony firewall to replace the default Microsoft Defender firewall when I trialed Harmony.

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
My BD GravityZone firewall allows all trusted connections and everything is smooth and fast. I could never get the Harmony firewall to replace the default Microsoft Defender firewall when I trialed Harmony.
By default the Harmony one allows everything as well. With my policy a lot of traffic is blocked.

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I don't have to approve each and every trusted app. Ideally, a firewall should block an unknown connection.
Yeah, with my policy it does. Maybe @Shadowra can try importing my firewall policy? I will export it later.

Guys, under policy did you untick the one that says “block IPV6 traffick”. This is one reason I can think of…. @Shadowra and @simmerskool
And there is another one that says “allow Hotspot Registration”

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I did some more testing, my hardware win10 host which is not running Harmony, tested normal, then tested win10_running harmony, this time not running vpn and download was better but still well below normal using Chrome & speedtest. Then used Edge for same speedtest and download tested even slower. Harmony client on VM does show its firewall & app control are on running "default" polices (I've been busy doing something else and have not imported @Trident's policies yet). But if I have not read @Shadowra's post I would not have tested, as from keyboard internet seems ok fast as usual. So I dunno...:unsure:

Guys, under policy did you untick the one that says “block IPV6 traffick”. This is one reason I can think of…. @Shadowra and @simmerskool
I'll go to console and see what I can find :whistle: (but hectic here today, I have to step away for several hours)

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Unless you're in a corporate environment or you're constantly on the road, you can turn encryption off. When you really do need it, you can turn it back on.
I dont need encryption at all, I dont have a need for it.

Another big problem:

For me with the firewall I got 600 down, 20 up.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, with my policy it does. Maybe @Shadowra can try importing my firewall policy? I will export it later.

My ISP doesn't support IPV6 so I have it turned off.

Reactions: [correlate]

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
@Trident
how can we manage monthly sub?
Purchase monthly sub this link

Your Checkpoint Partner will provide the cloud console and desktop console upon payment and they manage it and also provide any add on modules you want to subscribe to.

@Trident is it possible to make Checkpoint scan only new or changed files, or does it do that by default?

Check your cloud console about what you want your Checkpoint antimalware to scan.

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
@Trident
how can we manage monthly sub?
Purchase monthly sub this link
For any subscription questions, contact Lithify directly using the contact options on their website. On the portal the license appears under Global Settings as CPAYG with User Centre ID 9999999 and nothing more than that.
@Trident is it possible to make Checkpoint scan only new or changed files, or does it do that by default?
Harmony uses automatic caching algorithms for files, connections and everything. You don’t need to do anything.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
For any subscription questions, contact Lithify directly using the contact options on their website. On the portal the license appears under Global Settings as CPAYG with User Centre ID 9999999 and nothing more than that.

Harmony uses automatic caching algorithms for files, connections and everything. You don’t need to do anything.
Wdym automatic caching algorithms for files?

Does Checkpoint Harmony scan all files on execution aswell as whenever you obtain them?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.