Has any Bullguard user been migrated to Norton?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 94943
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Thread author
As you all know, Bullguard has recently stopped selling their services and Bullguard users will be migrated to Norton products. Has anyone of you received the upgrade?

Reactions: Sorrento and Jack
F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Thread author
No. I have a 1-year BullGuard IS license and I haven’t received such upgrade offer.
My license has 2 years remaining. Eagerly waiting to test the new Norton product and see how it performs.

I have contacted Bullguard support and they indicated that all customers will receive an email when the migration process begins. Users will use the same Bulgluard login credentials to login to my.norton.com

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
Received this email:

Customer Service (BullGuard)
Aug 24, 2022, 13:48 GMT+2
Hello MARCIO AFONSO,

Recently, BullGuard became a part of NortonLifeLock alongside leading brands like Norton and Avira. 

As a result, BullGuard products and services are transitioning to Norton which means people everywhere can benefit from award-winning Norton protection.

Your current BullGuard subscription will automatically be migrated to an upgraded Norton product at the same price as the previous subscription. Your protection will continue uninterrupted.

The subscription’s length will also not change – all remaining runtime on your current subscription will be kept and transitioned to the new Norton one. The Norton subscription will renew automatically, as long as your billing details are up-to-date in my.norton.com.    

After this migration you will automatically get a new Norton account; you can log in with your current BullGuard credentials.
In cases where action is needed on your end, be sure to look out for an email from us detailing further steps. 

To learn more, check out our FAQs.

Best regards,
Larisa Evans
Customer Service Engineer
BullGuard

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Thread author
Received this email:

Customer Service (BullGuard)
Aug 24, 2022, 13:48 GMT+2
Hello MARCIO AFONSO,

Recently, BullGuard became a part of NortonLifeLock alongside leading brands like Norton and Avira. 

As a result, BullGuard products and services are transitioning to Norton which means people everywhere can benefit from award-winning Norton protection.

Your current BullGuard subscription will automatically be migrated to an upgraded Norton product at the same price as the previous subscription. Your protection will continue uninterrupted.

The subscription’s length will also not change – all remaining runtime on your current subscription will be kept and transitioned to the new Norton one. The Norton subscription will renew automatically, as long as your billing details are up-to-date in my.norton.com.    

After this migration you will automatically get a new Norton account; you can log in with your current BullGuard credentials.
In cases where action is needed on your end, be sure to look out for an email from us detailing further steps. 

To learn more, check out our FAQs.

Best regards,
Larisa Evans
Customer Service Engineer
BullGuard
I received this email weeks ago.

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
BullGuard's mail regarding their service transition:

"BullGuard products and services are transitioning to the award-winning Norton brand

BullGuard and Norton are now part of one company, which means we can offer our customers upgraded protection with more advanced features to keep you Cyber Safe in today’s evolving digital world.
As a result, your current BullGuard subscription will soon be migrated to an upgraded Norton product - Norton Go Premium
Rest assured, your protection will continue uninterrupted. Norton technology is trusted by millions of people around the globe and blocks thousands of threats every minute. For more information, please refer to our FAQ.
• What happens to my current BullGuard subscription?
You will continue to be protected and there will not be any additional costs to you, but your original BullGuard subscription will change to a new Norton subscription.
• When will this happen?
Within the coming weeks. You will receive additional communication from us before the process begins.
• How long will my new subscription be for?
The length of your current subscription will not change. The time remaining on your current BullGuard subscription will be kept and transitioned to your new Norton subscription.
• Do I need to change my BullGuard account?
No. You will receive access to your new Norton account which you will be able to easily access with your existing BullGuard credentials.
• Do I need to do anything?
Not for the moment, more communication will follow.
• What will be included in my upgraded product?
We are excited you will soon meet Norton™ GO Premium.

With Norton, you can count on decades of experience and a proven track record of keeping people safer every day. Our Norton Go Premium provides real-time threat protection against malware, spyware, and other online threats for up to 10 PCs, Mac, or Android devices. Game Optimizer keeps your game uninterrupted and safe while Firewall adds additional layers of protection.

Also included is Dark Web Monitoring, which searches the dark web for your personal information and notifies you if your information is found so you can take action.

You will also benefit from Parental Control to help protect your kids online, Password Manager to generate, store, and sync all your passwords, and 100GB of Cloud Backup for Windows PC. "

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
Just received this email:

BullGuard products and services are transitioning to the award-winning Norton brand

Norton

BullGuard and Norton are now part of one company, which means we can offer our customers upgraded protection with more advanced features to keep you Cyber Safe in today’s evolving digital world.

As a result, your current BullGuard subscription will soon be migrated to an upgraded Norton product - Norton GO Standard
Rest assured, your protection will continue uninterrupted. Norton technology is trusted by millions of people around the globe and blocks thousands of threats every minute.

For more information, please refer to our FAQ.

• What happens to my current BullGuard subscription?
You will continue to be protected and there will not be any additional costs to you, but your original BullGuard subscription will change to a new Norton subscription.

• When will this happen?
Within the coming weeks. You will receive additional communication from us before the process begins.

• How long will my new subscription be for?
The length of your current subscription will not change. The time remaining on your current BullGuard subscription will be kept and transitioned to your new Norton subscription.

• Do I need to change my BullGuard account?
No. You will receive access to your new Norton account which you will be able to easily access with your existing BullGuard credentials.

• Do I need to do anything?
Not for the moment, more communication will follow.

• What will be included in my upgraded product?
We are excited you will soon meet Norton™ GO Standard!

Norton Go Standard provides real-time threat protection against malware, spyware, and other online threats. Game Optimizer keeps your game uninterrupted and safe while Firewall adds additional layers of protection & security.

You will also benefit from Parental Control to help protect your kids online, Password Manager to generate, store, and sync all your passwords and 50GB of Cloud Backup for Windows PC.

Still have questions? Feel free to reach out to your customer support team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
This forced migration pisses me off....

If people using BullGuard were happy, why would they want to migrate by force?
Especially since BullGuard uses Avira engines (also bought by Norton as Avast! ), users were protected as with Norton ....

But I am sure that sooner or later, Norton will make Avast! and Avira disappear for its software...
And we will have the same story as with PC-Tools....

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
This forced migration pisses me off....

If people using BullGuard were happy, why would they want to migrate by force?
Especially since BullGuard uses Avira engines (also bought by Norton as Avast! ), users were protected as with Norton ....

But I am sure that sooner or later, Norton will make Avast! and Avira disappear for its software...
And we will have the same story as with PC-Tools....
I see no advantage in continuing to use a product that has been purchased and closed, it is dead. Protection has always been reasonable, no big deal, Norton is better in everything in comparison.

NickCassidy

Nov 10, 2022
Mine has just been revealed to me in a pop-up and is installed and updated. Should I be uninstalling BullGuard and associated icons etc?

raggefrasse

Jan 20, 2023
I was transfered from bullguard ( which I loved) and got transfered to norton by forece. Now my computer works like #####. How the get payback?

Reactions: Sorrento

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.