Advice Request Has anybody tested Forticlient while at max heuristics and Dynamic Threat Detection enabled?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hi,
Forticlient is the next one on my testing "lab". What i've heard of it, its very good and light on resources. Cons are average 0day samples detection and malware clearing capablities. It does not have a BB nor Firewall
. It's one of the best websheild tho. Thats is why i recommend it for elders.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
There isn't seems to be much tests of this product. Has anybody tested themselves with max settings? How reliable is it to 0-days and other uncommon malwares? I plan to use it with along CF.
You can check my review here User Feedback - FortiClient 6.0.9.0277
It doesn't have any behavior blocker or such, so it's not great against 0-day. But it's web filter is top notch, so it will keep bad stuffs away from your PC.
If you are a normal user, you can use it alone. If you like to play with shady softwares, better to pair it with Comodo Firewall, Voodoo Shield or OSArmor.
If you wanna use it with Comodo Firewall, you don't need to tune heuristics or other settings, just the web filter according to what you wanna block

Last edited:

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
You can check my review here User Feedback - FortiClient 6.0.9.0277
It doesn't have any behavior blocker or such, so it's not great against 0-day. But it's web filter is top notch, so it will keep bad stuffs away from your PC.
If you are a normal user, you can use it alone. If you like to play with shady softwares, better to pair it with Comodo Firewall, Voodoo Shield or OSArmor.
If you wanna use it with Comodo Firewall, you don't need to tune heuristics or other settings, just the web filter according to what you wanna block

Hey, I just read your topic. I think I will use it along with CF, CF is tremendously light on all my systems.

Actually I wonder one thing. There is a option called dynamic threat detection and I couldn't find an official text explains what does that option do. Also does it require Fortisandbox to work?

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Hey, I just read your topic. I think I will use it along with CF, CF is tremendously light on all my systems.

Actually I wonder one thing. There is a option called dynamic threat detection and I couldn't find an official text explains what does that option do. Also does it require Fortisandbox to work?
No, you don't need to have FortiSandbox to use it.
You can read more info here Administration Guide | FortiClient 6.0.9 | Fortinet Documentation Library
Dynamic threat detection using threat intelligence data
Use threat intelligence data to provide dynamic threat detection. The "Scan files as they are downloaded or copied to my system" checkbox must be selected to enable dynamic threat detection.
Clear to disable dynamic threat detection.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016

You need fortigate subscription for that feature.

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
You need fortigate subscription for that feature.

It's a different thing from Fortisandbox, which is a paid solution? So I'm disabling that option right now. It's weird that they didn't program the UI accordingly, that option should be greyed out.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
It's a different thing from Fortisandbox, which is a paid solution? So I'm disabling that option right now. It's weird that they didn't program the UI accordingly, that option should be greyed out.
Isn't it part of the Fortisandbox subscription?

If you are subscribed to fortigate you should get all the protection if not it's more like a signature av + great web protection.

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Isn't it part of the Fortisandbox subscription?

If you are subscribed to fortigate you should get all the protection if not it's more like a signature av + great web protection.

I just saw this:

2020-05-21 03.19.05 malwaretips.com a9adcd4abaf9.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.