Has Windows 10 already started preloading on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I still don't understand the definition of being an insider. I signed up for it (windows insider program) and installed many Preview builds on my main system, but then dumped them because of bugs and one serious, persistent graphics adapter issue. Does that make me an insider? Or, am I still an outsider? :D

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Im on Windows 10 Final Build for some weeks now :)

But im gonna reinstall in some way whatever possible due to some issues.

No PC in our half of the house has the Upgrade reserver (My grandma doesnt want to and my Grandpas PC is too broken, i have to clean install)

D

Deleted member 178

I still don't understand the definition of being an insider. I signed up for it (windows insider program) and installed many Preview builds on my main system, but then dumped them because of bugs and one serious, persistent graphics adapter issue. Does that make me an insider? Or, am I still an outsider? :D

if you had downloaded a build from Insider's page , you still are one.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well for sure I should receive this updates by tomorrow or on the next few days, since based on my view as Asia countries like Philippines and neighboring areas are often to be last on the batch. ;)

Anyway Windows Insiders a.k.a Beta/Dev users should receive this updates immediately, at all cases the detection should show for prompt.

No need to wait, let Windows do the work ;) as not all will be given on that day in such single click release.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
@Tani: Same here (Pakistan). :D

@Umbra I don't remember, if I downloaded it from their webpage or not, but I did sign up for the Insider Program. The rest depends on Microsoft.

Last edited:

Sloth

Level 5
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
Got the $Windows.~BT folder before 10mins and I'm really happy that its happening.

XCQNhsR.gif

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
You're an insider on the outside looking in.

All I got is some security update that I can't install without installing a broken video driver with it and here's the best part: the video driver is set to be hidden (yet another placebo option).

172eb14cc4705fcaceffda80fbefbaa8.jpg

I have forced/auto install disabled and that's working--good job Microsoft making "The most secure OS ever!"--oh wait, that was XPSP2 according to its setup screens.

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
I am still really on the fence. How is it going to be with old games and such?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I skipped the email registration and still got the update, maybe it's just random.
The email was for your confirmation only, the actual Get Windows 10 app (via Windows Update) places the Windows 10 installer files on your PC.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
The email was for your confirmation only, the actual Get Windows 10 app (via Windows Update) places the Windows 10 installer files on your PC.
I know that, it was the answer for how MS may select the first downloaders. ;)

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
@Rolo: Which broken video driver?
nVidia...not even released by nVidia, no beta, no nuttin'. Besides, running the latest video driver isn't always the best idea with certain games; performance my suffer or compatibility issues may appear--Microsoft isn't the only guilty party with breaking stuff with updates (I'd say ATi/AMD is more guilty of that).

I also call it broken since it changes settings and installed driver components. This may keep me from upgrading. While I'm on the topic of forced updates, Chrome is getting on my nerves with it's constant "addon ... will soon be unsupported" nag. Go beat up developers, not your users! Let's see, will I stop using the Internet or will I just stop using Chrome? Hrmmm.....

I am still really on the fence. How is it going to be with old games and such?
Fine so far (only played one game, Tortuga Two Treasures, circa 2007--OK not as old as I thought but it is made for Win2000 through XPSP2 and uses OpenGL. I haven't tried DOSbox games yet (waiting until after re-rebuild). Limbo, SpaceChem, Banished, Night of the Rabbit, Edna & Harvey, Diablo III, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm work fine on it (maybe even a little smoother but that may be from just having a fresh install).

M

Makarboy

Nothing here in Spain.

one noob question, I don't want to update, I want to do a clean install, is that possible? can I download an iso?

S

SkyJP

Ran "check for updates" in Windows Update... (only appeared today) but it may have failed as the Windows 10 update folder is only 4GB currently... and counting.

upload_2015-7-28_20-51-4.png

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Would not be able to tell you since I am on build 10240. Is this the final one? Or will I be getting a update to the final one? I am a insider though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.