Has Windows 10 already started preloading on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SkyJP

That's strange! Have you already got the files?

Maybe (file size not increasing now...):

upload_2015-7-28_21-19-1.png

Edit: for those curious minds, you can run setup.exe but pressing "Install now" will show an error message as the crucial boot.wim file is not available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SherKaan

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Would not be able to tell you since I am on build 10240. Is this the final one? Or will I be getting a update to the final one? I am a insider though.

I was also on 10240, but I am now back to Windows 7 for the upgrade. That's the best route.

Once it's upgraded, I'll be performing a clean install in the near future.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I was also on 10240, but I am now back to Windows 7 for the upgrade. That's the best route.

Once it's upgraded, I'll be performing a clean install in the near future.

Are you saying that I should go back to Windows 8.1 and then do the official upgrade and then do a clean install. I can already do clean installs since it'll remain activated. So far this build has been going well. I'll keep using it until it goes bang. Then I'll go from there. I've already upgraded once to 10 and then did a clean install and it was flawless.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Are you saying that I should go back to Windows 8.1 and then do the official upgrade and then do a clean install. I can already do clean installs since it'll remain activated. So far this build has been going well. I'll keep using it until it goes bang. Then I'll go from there. I've already upgraded once to 10 and then did a clean install and it was flawless.

I think that you will do just fine. My case was different as I downloaded that build from a torrent site. Just stick to it and if something unusual happens, do let us know!

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I think that you will do just fine. My case was different as I downloaded that build from a torrent site. Just stick to it and if something unusual happens, do let us know!
Hopefully it'll be okay. I upgraded from Microsoft so yeah lol. Maybe the torrent you used had something wrong with it. I will for sure let you know if it goes wonky on me! :)

ald4

Level 1
Verified
Sep 16, 2014
Well, I just installed the pre release version on VirtualBox and I must say that I like it. Guess I will pick up the free update too.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Hopefully it'll be okay. I upgraded from Microsoft so yeah lol. Maybe the torrent you used had something wrong with it. I will for sure let you know if it goes wonky on me! :)

My torrent was fine, but it was the "Pro" version anyway, and my actual version (upgrade) is "Home."

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
My torrent was fine, but it was the "Pro" version anyway, and my actual version (upgrade) is "Home."
My current version is home as well. I was on the pro version before. If you are in the insider program Microsoft will give you the pro version for free as long as you continue to stay in the program and test the new features for them. I, however will be leaving the program when I get a chance to. I rather have a stable OS and I don't really have any use for the pro version. The home one will do just fine for me.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 2913

On my Win 7 64 Home Premium Windows Updates completed 100% & installed 1 update on shutdown.

Under C:\$Windows.~BT - There are files/folders total app 4.85 GB.
Under Sources - Install.esd is app 2.63 GB.

Now what about Win 10 install?

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Upgrade then make your own ISO remove any extra hard drives (it'll put the system partition on your second drive I have no idea why) reformat and reinstall; then reconnect your extra drives.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 2913

Upgrade then make your own ISO remove any extra hard drives (it'll put the system partition on your second drive I have no idea why) reformat and reinstall; then reconnect your extra drives.
How to upgrade?
I mean I can only upgrade when Windows will notify or can upgrade now & how?

What do you mean by "Upgrade then make your own ISO"?
Windows Updates downloaded but not yet notified me to install/upgrade.
But I have made my own ISO from Install.esd.
Can I use ISO to upgrade...activate...& then clean install?

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I live in New Zealand and it is not notifying me to install
upload_2015-7-29_15-54-37.png

hoang2007

Level 1
Verified
Feb 22, 2015
For those who did not see Windows 10 upgrade notification, please run Command Prompt (Admin) and type this:
wuauclt.exe /updatenow
Then open Windows Update and you will see 'Downloading Windows 10'. : )

Reactions: Malware1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.