Has Windows 10 already started preloading on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Nice to hear that. Thanks.

One option is to upgrade to Win10 and choose "not to keep settings" which will remove all custom software installed. Anyway Comodo is yet to released a version of CIS that supports Win10 so we are out of luck.

I'm gonna upgrade to Win10 and install ESET Smart Security 9 Beta or Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 till Comodo releases an update. :p

Try this tool, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html.
Still shows the generic key for some reason.:confused:

D

Deleted member 178

@people who upgraded to windows 10.

Did you get a new key or do you still got the generic key (which is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T for pro) in your computer.

you supposed to get the key of your machine (if you upgrade from an OEM legit win7/8)

KelvinW4

Level 1
May 8, 2012
Nice to hear that. Thanks.

One option is to upgrade to Win10 and choose "not to keep settings" which will remove all custom software installed. Anyway Comodo is yet to released a version of CIS that supports Win10 so we are out of luck.

I'm gonna upgrade to Win10 and install ESET Smart Security 9 Beta or Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 till Comodo releases an update. :p

Try this tool, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html.
Hey sloth thanks for reply. Does that option mean that everything will be removed and a clean image of Windows 10 will be installed in place?

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
you supposed to get the key of your machine (if you upgrade from an OEM legit win7/8)
Mine was a legitimate upgrade yet I still show the generic key, I upgraded from 8.1 haven't used an insider build in 2 months. What's BIOS OEM Key?

D

Deleted member 2913

lol, it depends on your computer hardware (CPU, RAM & HDD). :p
CPU
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00GHz 63 °C
Penryn 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)
Storage
465GB TOSHIBA MK5055GSX ATA Device (SATA) 51 °C

Hope this is good?

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
your windows legit license given when you bought a computer with windows. it is stored in the BIOS.
Nirsoft Productkey shows a BIOS OEM Key and a Windows 10 Key, the Win 10 key is the generic one used in the beta? I'm confused?

Sloth

Level 5
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
@juhful I'm also confused about how exactly MS manages upgrades from 7/8.

@yesnoo Yes its a good config. I guess the upgrade is slow because of the 4GB RAM.

Hey sloth thanks for reply. Does that option mean that everything will be removed and a clean image of Windows 10 will be installed in place?

Yes, when you upgrade and "uncheck/disable" the "keep windows settings, personal files and applications", you should get a fresh installation. But I'm not sure if it will be as clean as an installation from the retail ISO.

But once you upgrade, you can perform a clean install. But to do that, first you have to do the upgrade so that your Win7/8 license is transferred to Win10.

Reactions: KelvinW4
D

Deleted member 178

Yes, when you upgrade and "uncheck/disable" the "keep windows settings, personal files and applications", you should get a fresh installation. But I'm not sure if it will be as clean as an installation from the retail ISO.

the only difference is the "windows.old" folder. the rest is similar as a clean install

But once you upgrade, you can perform a clean install. But to do that, first you have to do the upgrade so that your Win7/8 license is transferred to Win10.

+1

D

Deleted member 2913

I haven't upgraded yet.
But when windows update completed downloading files...I made an ISO from Install.esd & bootable USB from ISO.

After I install the upgrade...does Install.esd or any files/folders on that location are modified or remains the same?
If remains the same then I will use the already prepared USB for clean install.
And if those are modified then I will create new ISO & bootable USB for clean install.

S

SkyJP

upload_2015-7-29_8-51-23.png This is what I got this morning so this make take days or weeks:

D

Deleted member 2913

@juhful I'm also confused about how exactly MS manages upgrades from 7/8.

@yesnoo Yes its a good config. I guess the upgrade is slow because of the 4GB RAM.
Its been 1 hour 45 mins...the working on it spinning circle is still spinning.
Should I cancel now?

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
what should I do I want to upgrade and this has popped up for about 3 hours
upload_2015-7-29_20-3-49.png

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Its been 1 hour 45 mins...the working on it spinning circle is still spinning.
Should I cancel now?
Not sure if you should cancel, but mine took 20 minutes, i7 4770 8gb Ram very fast internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.