Has Windows 10 already started preloading on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Wait so it's going to install Windows 10 too? See: "Start installing the newest version of Windows now".
I thought it will only download it. I didn't get that update, but I used wuauclt.exe /updatenow because the $Windows-~BT folder didn't appear yet (that's another computer).
Anyone completed this update? Will it let me to upgrade later? (or to not do it at all?)

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I am having problems.

I deleted the contents of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder and then restarted. Opened up CMD as administrator and executed the wuauclt.exe /updatenow command. Nothing happens. Even, I lost the "Get Windows 10" app in the notifications area. What's happening?

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I am having problems.

I deleted the contents of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder and then restarted. Opened up CMD as administrator and executed the wuauclt.exe /updatenow command. Nothing happens. Even, I lost the "Get Windows 10" app in the notifications area. What's happening?
Did you just empty the contents or the whole folder ?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Yes, I did the same procedure. No rocket science involved. Now, the "Get Windows 10" app has vanished from the notifications area. Very depressing situation.
I bet it is, i do hope you can sort it out. ;)

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Shame on Microsoft for this forced upgrade option. I never wanted it this way. The best option would have been to provide us the ISO, so that we could have performed a clean install. This one is messy.

Reactions: frogboy

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
I am having problems.

Did you open Windows Update later to see the status?

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Here it is. Where is the "Get Windows 10" app? That's what I am trying to find out!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 339
D

Deleted member 2913

I did inplace upgrade with ISO. Installation went fine & Win 10 activated. But activation doesn't show the key on clicking change product key. It shows black space to put new key. How to check my activation key?
And how to check Win 10 version number?

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi , I've still got the $Windows.~BT folder and get windows 10 icon in tray the $Windows.~BT folder has gone down to only 140 mb originally at 5.plus gigs. Some things not right on this Win 7 I've run windows update repair fix it . My control panel is looking like original win 7 update where as yesterday it was the New Windows will automatically update. I'm confused . Oh just now its doing the big download again. Not sure what to make of this but i'll let it download again Being patient. o_O

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
Guys can you please confirm that Windows 10 Final RTM build is 10240 or not !!
Thanks in advance !!;):)

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Just rolled back to 8.1, 10 doesn't have a guest account which is where all my stuff is. Just a big nothing in my opinion. What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.