Has Windows 10 already started preloading on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Not sure if you should cancel, but mine took 20 minutes, i7 4770 8gb Ram very fast internet.
After upgrade install completion...are there further updates & what size?

After upgrade completion & activation...can I immediately do clean install or have to install further updates too?

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
After upgrade install completion...are there further updates & what size?

After upgrade completion & activation...can I immediately do clean install or have to install further updates too?
After my upgrade I had 2 small updates, that's it. No restart was required.

D

Deleted member 2913

After my upgrade I had 2 small updates, that's it. No restart was required.
Thanxx for the info.

Damn the spinning is still going on...been 2 hour 20 mins...
What does this spinning check/does on the system?
My internet is 4mbps broadband, 4gb RAM.
How to check that i3, i5, etc...

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Thanxx for the info.

Damn the spinning is still going on...been 2 hour 20 mins...
What does this spinning check/does on the system?
My internet is 4mbps broadband, 4gb RAM.
How to check that i3, i5, etc...
Does it show any progress percent or just the spinning wheel?

D

Deleted member 2913

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    321.8 KB · Views: 354

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Here is the screenshot
I believe that's just the download, if you are at 3mbps it can take quite awhile to download 3gb or more, my download was almost 5gb but it was predownloaded, I would stop it personally and go to windows update and see if there is a message to restart.

D

Deleted member 2913

Ok I just noticed my Windows Updates & there are failed insider preview dynamic updates. I never downloaded/installed any insider preview package win 10. I just signed up for insider preview today & the page mentioned welcome to insider preview but pc package are not available now & you can check mobile package.

Attached is the screenshot

Can I cancel insider preview status? May be this is the prob.

Attachments

• 1010.png
    1010.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 335

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Ok I just noticed my Windows Updates & there are failed insider preview dynamic updates. I never downloaded/installed any insider preview package win 10. I just signed up for insider preview today & the page mentioned welcome to insider preview but pc package are not available now & you can check mobile package.

Attached is the screenshot

Can I cancel insider preview status? May be this is the prob.
I'm not sure about that, but I think the problem is the amount that needs to be downloaded to your system ,at 4mbps it could take hours.

D

Deleted member 2913

I'm not sure about that, but I think the problem is the amount that needs to be downloaded to your system ,at 4mbps it could take hours.
But it was already downloaded on the system first.
This folder C:\$Windows.~BT has files/folder amounting to 4.85 GB app.
And in the sources folder install.esd is 2.6 GB app.

Apart from above more stuffs are downloaded for install?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Try switching your power settings to High Performance for better utilisation of hardware available.

Reactions: Oxygen and juhful

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
But it was already downloaded on the system first.
This folder C:\$Windows.~BT has files/folder amounting to 4.85 GB app.
And in the sources folder install.esd is 2.6 GB app.

Apart from above more stuffs are downloaded for install?
No, if you already had that folder then no. When I clicked the icon on the taskbar it said my upgrade was ready, when I hit next I got the spinner for only 10-20 seconds, it says that is getting devices ready, after that I had set a schedule to upgrade later but I went to windows update and it said to restart to upgrade so I didn't wait for the scheduled time.

D

Deleted member 2913

No, if you already had that folder then no. When I clicked the icon on the taskbar it said my upgrade was ready, when I hit next I got the spinner for only 10-20 seconds, it says that is getting devices ready, after that I had set a schedule to upgrade later but I went to windows update and it said to restart to upgrade so I didn't wait for the scheduled time.
I got the same thing but stuck at spinning.

All the 3 insider preview updates failed I check on google & they are for previous version of insider preview so guess this is the reason for the prob here.

I think will cancel the spinning window now.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I got the same thing but stuck at spinning.

All the 3 insider preview updates failed I check on google & they are for previous version of insider preview so guess this is the reason for the prob here.

I think will cancel the spinning window now.
Yeah, I wish I could help you more, good luck :)

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

Yeah, I wish I could help you more, good luck :)
I cancelled the spinning, restarted the system & started the install again.
Will wait for few mins & check if it goes past spinning screen otherwise will try an inplace upgrade from the prepared ISO.

The version you got after upgrade install is 10.0.10240.16384?

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I cancelled the spinning, restarted the system & started the install again.
Will wait for few mins & check if it goes past spinning screen otherwise will try an inplace upgrade from the prepared ISO.

The version you got after upgrade install is 10.0.10240.16384?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.