Has Windows 10 already started preloading on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Currently at the moment, I received already the huge update and its preparing for the download. ;)

I try to use the command prompt for trying to check the updates which sudden it pop up.

Reactions: Tony Cole

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Hi , I've still got the $Windows.~BT folder and get windows 10 icon in tray the $Windows.~BT folder has gone down to only 140 mb originally at 5.plus gigs. Some things not right on this Win 7 I've run windows update repair fix it . My control panel is looking like original win 7 update where as yesterday it was the New Windows will automatically update. I'm confused . Oh just now its doing the big download again. Not sure what to make of this but i'll let it download again Being patient. o_O
I'd enabled notify but don't download updates automatically, now downloading windows 10, it's at 75% currently but windows bt folder is of same size 140MB, may be it's being stored in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download or so

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Installed on new laptop, really liking it, love Cortana very responsive/cool. Overall, the install was smooth, no glitches or errors, plus all updates installed - well done Microsoft.

The only thing is security software, Kaspersky seems very poor and doesn't work with any other anti-exploit software, including Malwarebytes

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Currently at the moment, I received already the huge update and its preparing for the download. ;)

I try to use the command prompt for trying to check the updates which sudden it pop up.

James, what's the cmd to check for updates?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nothing yet.

upload_2015-7-29_15-3-53.png

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
So, is there a huge update for Windows 10? It installed three updates, but that's all I get - this is a completely fresh system.

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
I'd enabled notify but don't download updates automatically, now downloading windows 10, it's at 75% currently but windows bt folder is of same size 140MB, may be it's being stored in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download or so
Hi Tani, Since I'm already by my reckoning probably near the download finish time maybe another hour, I'll let it go and see what happens but if the process seems stuck in a wacko loop I might try your suggestion. Otherwise I will go the way of the ISO. Thanks :)

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Just rolled back to 8.1, 10 doesn't have a guest account which is where all my stuff is. Just a big nothing in my opinion. What's the point?
Mine has a Guest account and it is disabled by default. Why are you "putting all your stuff" on an account that wasn't designed for that? (you could but...why!?)

S

SkyJP

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro, then performed a "reset" (while keeping files).

In Settings - Update & security - Activation, and in the Control Panel, I'm getting "Connect to the internet to activate Windows".

Anyone else having this problem? I'm not getting any notifications for a non-genuine license, and I can still use Windows update and everything else. This is using the built in Windows Defender and Firewall.

ald4

Level 1
Verified
Sep 16, 2014
I am going to stick with Windows 7 for a while, although I already updated to W10 on my Virtual Machines. Seems like a great system so far but this whole Edge thing is just whole new level of crap explorer.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.