Comparison [HDD] Which one do you prefer, 5400 RPM or 7200 RPM?

Battle Archive
15 Replies 6,445 Views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most laptops now have to use 5.400rpm
while desktop PCs, a few are using 5.400rpm
most already 7.200rpm.

for laptops. 7200 and 5400 do not have a large difference.
I know it's on my try, with another laptop (but, other laptops with the number of cores and different amount of ram) was the creation of 7,200 more rapidly than 5,400
about the same access that file I think (maybe little different)

I think, for a gaming laptop, using the 7200
and, if you want to use only video editing, photo editing, or anything "except" BIG
3D rendering, I would select 5.400rpm

and, if you want to follow the technology.
you Choose a 7200rpm, better

**I personally use a 5.400 on my own laptop. I can do anything with it.
 
I surely prefer 7200 RPM HDD only because it reads and writes stuff faster from and to the hard drive.
 
win7holic said:
Most laptops now have to use 5.400rpm
while desktop PCs, a few are using 5.400rpm
most already 7.200rpm.

for laptops. 7200 and 5400 do not have a large difference.
I know it's on my try, with another laptop (but, other laptops with the number of cores and different amount of ram) was the creation of 7,200 more rapidly than 5,400
about the same access that file I think (maybe little different)

I think, for a gaming laptop, using the 7200
and, if you want to use only video editing, photo editing, or anything "except" BIG
3D rendering, I would select 5.400rpm

and, if you want to follow the technology.
you Choose a 7200rpm, better

**I personally use a 5.400 on my own laptop. I can do anything with it.

I also have a 5400 RPM HDD. Do you recommend me to upgrade or not? I think you know why I use my laptop.
 
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
I also have a 5400 RPM HDD. Do you recommend me to upgrade or not? I think you know why I use my laptop.

No need.
you are not a gaming enthusiast, right?
if NOT, don't need.
i think 5.400 is good enough at the moment. do all task, except you are gaming enthusiast.
:p
 
win7holic said:
No need.
you are not a gaming enthusiast, right?
if NOT, don't need.
i think 5.400 is good enough at the moment. do all task, except you are gaming enthusiast.
:p

Yes I hate those huge and heavy games :D I play chess titans on Windows 7 or go to chess.com or play Sudoku on Ubuntu :P
 
then, you do not need an upgrade.
wait until windows 8 was released, if you want to upgrade, please do it.
:D

because, in general, laptops are not for playing games. there is a gaming laptop, but it's not all.
save your money for windows 8 ,or upgrade in the next year, friend.
 
win7holic said:
then, you do not need an upgrade.
wait until windows 8 was released, if you want to upgrade, please do it.
:D

because, in general, laptops are not for playing games. there is a gaming laptop, but it's not all.
save your money for windows 8 ,or upgrade in the next year, friend.

Is it required to have a 7200 RPM HDD for Windows 8?
 
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Is it required to have a 7200 RPM HDD for Windows 8?

oh. no no: p
I'm just saying that to you.
IF you want to upgrade too. if no, no problem.

My old laptop, for AV testing with VM.
it use slower than 5.400rpm (4.800rpm)
:p
 
7200qm. Makes everything running faster and smother. The write and read MB/s are also or should be at least better. The rpm is not the only thing to take in consideration. the buffercache is also important; the bigger means better performance because the often used software are saved and the HDD will access them faster.

The only benefit with 5400 is that the vibration is lower.

Nowadays some HDD rpm varies; it depends on the use of it. If it's computer is idle, the HDD's rpm will decrease otherwise will increase its rpm.
 
vibration that meant;
the greater the "rpm", the vibrations are also great.
You can watch [Hard disk - How does it work]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top