Hei hei, Godt nyttår !

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHRNHT

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 8, 2018
Hei hei,

So, about me: I'm french, living in Norway for a little while now. I have a 2 years diploma in IT (dev) and 8 other year of studying in other fields. I know nothing about security since I don't understand (yet) what you guys are talking about here.

I hope to learn something here. I'll hopefully become a teacher in IT (School/High-school).
My main objective is to create a routine for "how to set up a secured pc" from the bottom. I'm so tired of reinstalling windows every time I don't feel my self safe.

Little more about my self: I have a girlfriend and a cat. I love the cold. I play golf, PC and love snowboarding.

You will probably see my miserable security configuration around soon. I'm getting ready to set up a new Windows on my PC right now. Ready to FIGHT !

See you space.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hei hei, and Bonjour FHRNHT !..
Which one of them are your browser ..

- if Firefox or its forks, download an add-on which is called Policy Control: Policy Control - JavaScript and Flash blocker – Add-ons for Firefox
...then another called Redirect Control: Redirect Control – Add-ons for Firefox
... and Browser JSGuard: Browser JSGuard – Add-ons for Firefox
and Browsec VPN: Browsec VPN – Add-ons for Firefox

- if Chrome or its forks, download extension called Policy Control: Policy Control - JavaScript and Flash blocker
... then another called Skip Redirect: Skip Redirect
...and Browser JSGuard: Browser JSGuard
and Ultrasurf: UltraSurf Security, Privacy & Unblock VPN

.. then I invite you for the discussion about, if you want...

PS. - what's the significance of your nickname, and if you'd like to change it to the least complicated for me?;)

FHRNHT

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 8, 2018
Hello !
Thanks you for your answer!
FHRNHT stands for Fahrenheit (Which to often used.) Reference to the book of Ray Bradbury of course =)

I'm using ..... "Vivaldi !" as a browser. But since it's a chromium, I guess I can use the link for Google chrome, right?
[EDIT] Wait.. "and its forks" is an expression meaning "the derived versions", right? I start learning already ! Yeah.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hello !
Thanks you for your answer!
FHRNHT stands for Fahrenheit (Which to often used.) Reference to the book of Ray Bradbury of course =)

I'm using ..... "Vivaldi !" as a browser. But since it's a chromium, I guess I can use the link for Google chrome, right?
[EDIT] Wait.. "and its forks" is an expression meaning "the derived versions", right? I start learning already ! Yeah.
Good this one, Fahrenheit 451, now all is OK!
Yes, derived versions, yes use chrome store links for Vivaldi, sure.

Last edited:

FHRNHT

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 8, 2018
I have installed everything following your advices. Really interesting tools there and not famous enough.
Extra question: I saw that the last one, "Ultrasurf" includes a VPN. Should I continue to use also NordVPN in the same time?

About VPN, i understand what it does. But If I just want to hide what I'm doing, (with no need to be in another country) is it faster and safe enough to use a server in my own country?

[EDIT] I installed all the extensions, the browser became super slow and I couldn't play any videos. I removed all of them. the speed is back to normal but the videos are still unavailable.
[EDIT2] I reboot and it works now, but I don't which one is making a mess...

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
...and
giphy.gif

Happy New Year to you too!

cool cool

Frozen CUWSPV6WoAEEmYY.jpg

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I have installed everything following your advices. Really interesting tools there and not famous enough.
Extra question: I saw that the last one, "Ultrasurf" includes a VPN. Should I continue to use also NordVPN in the same time?

About VPN, i understand what it does. But If I just want to hide what I'm doing, (with no need to be in another country) is it faster and safe enough to use a server in my own country?

[EDIT] I installed all the extensions, the browser became super slow and I couldn't play any videos. I removed all of them. the speed is back to normal but the videos are still unavailable.
[EDIT2] I reboot and it works now, but I don't which one is making a mess...
Cool FHRNHT!
Slowdowns are from VPNs only. Use one VPN at a time, never two.
You're not forcefully required to use VPNs, these are against hackers, if you wish, but the price is slowing browsers slightly...
I do use them in some browsers only, for the daily safe browsing I don't use them, I trust my safe habits.
You're able to disable or enable VPN at each moment, according to your wishes.

FHRNHT

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 8, 2018
Since we are in my presentation, I'll ask it here because I'm a bit lost.

I would like to start a discussion, where everyone comes with tips and advices. I want to start from scratch, how to install best Windows 10.
Eventually, I will be following several "How to" which are already on the website. It's just to create a guide from A to Z.
And then eventually, compil all of this informations and the group writting, to make a big "how to".
Do you like the idea? It's it ok for you?
If "Yes", Where should I post first?

I want to learn, but I want also share what I'll be learning here with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.