Hello. Safe Finder persists despite spending hours on all suggested fixes. Looks like this is common and I don't see people replying.

Infected operating system
mac OS Big Sur Version 11.2
Infected device issues
Cannot remove Safe Finder. Tried malwarebytes and it found some issues. Quarantined them but still keeps popping up. Spent hours trying to fix and still here. Cannot get it off my machine. I've read at least 10 articles and gone through the steps and it's still here.

3b3b3b

Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
Hello. Safe Finder persists despite spending hours on all suggested fixes. Looks like this is common yet there is no fix for it. Really need to get this off my machine to do some work.

Reactions: Nevi

3b3b3b

Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
Hi, Ran it. the first time it found six. I deleted/quarantined them. Now, when I run it it says I have 0 but the problem remains. Thank you.
I've been running it every hour or so and still detects nothing.
I found a few suspect files listed on websites in addition to the ones found by malwarebytes and deleted them, but still have Safe Finder.

• Wow
Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
In Finder go to Library in your user's profile. In Library folder go to everyone of this folders and delete the bold ones:
Safari folder (holds bookmarks, history, download history, site icons)
Caches> Safari folder
Caches>Metadata> Safari folder
Cookies> Cookies.plist file
Preferences> com.apple.safari.plist file

Pdubbs

Mar 27, 2021
In Finder go to Library in your user's profile. In Library folder go to everyone of this folders and delete the bold ones:
Safari folder (holds bookmarks, history, download history, site icons)
Caches> Safari folder
Caches>Metadata> Safari folder
Cookies> Cookies.plist file
Preferences> com.apple.safari.plist file
Hi Balrog,
I have only this in my folder

Library/Caches/

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 4.38.08 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 4.35.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 4.35.47 PM.png
    32 KB · Views: 373
Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.