Hi All

Just joined the forum, I'm glad I did, I don't much about IT, but I live on my LT, though maybe you guys can help me expand my knowledge base and at the same time, assist me, i know LT is infected just don't know how to sort out

Thanks
Manoj

Reactions: frogboy and XhenEd
As a relic of an era before everyone had a Computer (the first one I ever touched was an Apple iie and before you ask yes I loved Oregon Trail) I have grown with the industry. I originally had nothing to do with computers at work but made the transition back in 1999. Since then I have worked in various roles from a PC Tech to my current role as a Security Engineer for a large Computer Company.

I am currently going to school for my BA in Cyber Security as it seems you need a piece of paper now to prove you know something. I would rather that the paper was indicative of my skills not the other way around. I am looking forward to growing and learning as it is a never ending process.

Reactions: frogboy

JiSingh12

Level 3
Hi,

Well my interests were gaming, technology, and business. I studied Video Game Design at college, but i dropped out when studying it in University due to just reasons such as the employment rate, the competition, and just if i change my mind further down the line. I do still enjoy video games, and making them, but i think it is something i will do in my spare time, as a portfolio is better than a degree in a production role like game designer as a degree does not represent your products whereas a portfolio does, it was a hard decision, and one i regret, a lot, but hey-ho.

Currently starting University next month, doing a generalised course, as being pressured into it by a lot of my family, and apart from that, i only have a job paying minimum wage. I would enjoy making computers and working as a technician, but just not sure how to enter the field without a qualification like COMPTIA A+, which i can not afford. Therefore, studying a Business & IT course from next month for 4 long long years. Involving Programming which i hated as i failed it at college doing Comp Sci, but the course also involves web design, SQL :/, Introductory Accounting, Business Management, Systems Analysis, Effective Management Consultancy, Introduction to Marketing Management, Dashboards and Spreadsheets, and more. Not sure if i will enjoy it.

Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Security?
Not sure, it just does.

If a student, what are your career goals?
Finish my Bachelor's Degree in Criminology and pursue a career in law enforcement. Currently in the Army National Guard as well; hoping to excel in both fields.

oldschool

Level 32
Verified
We had a laptop I rarely used because it was Microsoft and using Windows was Greek to me. We lost our ISP-provided AV suite and I wanted to find free options, so I started scouring the web to learn what I could. Now I know a bit more about how to use Windows and I found MT. :cool: I still dislike MS, but Windows is not intimidating anymore. Thank you MT members! (y)

Vasudev

Level 29
Verified
Dream career: Computer Science

Job goals: Relax job, friendly boss and co-workers. Make tons of money without running through stress, depression, and anxiety. I hate being broke.
You can get the first goal i.e Computer Science and as for next goal its a bit difficult unless you become the CEO of a company on the very first job.

Reactions: AtlBo and Weebarra

Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
I have been on jobs like chef, caretaker / engineering , ive finished schools for both of them.
I have been lately on sick leave due depression and other mental problems, stress reactions during hurry jobs and stuff that i dont hope to anyone ( OCD is an hell)

My daily routine is like:
wake up
Lurk on malwaretips / other forums / play games ; tldr; multitasking
go for a walk or something
sleep

Things are getting better day by day, but im jelly to people that have no mental illness and they can work normally

Burrito

Level 16
Verified
I have been on jobs like chef, caretaker / engineering , ive finished schools for both of them.
I have been lately on sick leave due depression and other mental problems, stress reactions during hurry jobs and stuff that i dont hope to anyone ( OCD is an hell)

My daily routine is like:
wake up
Lurk on malwaretips / other forums / play games ; tldr; multitasking
go for a walk or something
sleep

Things are getting better day by day, but im jelly to people that have no mental illness and they can work normally
Well I empathize with you brother. All of us have challenges of different sorts at different phases of life. I know some of these things are not easy.

I dealt with a little PTSD and complicating factors for awhile.

For many, structure helps. A lot.

Power through what you can, adapt and adjust to what you can't -- and live life to the fullest extent possible for your given state and given time.

:emoji_beer: