Hello, what are your Interests? Do you have Dream Career, or Job Goals?

manoj manilal

Level 1
Jan 21, 2018
Hi All

Just joined the forum, I'm glad I did, I don't much about IT, but I live on my LT, though maybe you guys can help me expand my knowledge base and at the same time, assist me, i know LT is infected just don't know how to sort out

Thanks
Manoj

Reactions: frogboy and XhenEd

Mikey will click it

Mar 28, 2018
As a relic of an era before everyone had a Computer (the first one I ever touched was an Apple iie and before you ask yes I loved Oregon Trail) I have grown with the industry. I originally had nothing to do with computers at work but made the transition back in 1999. Since then I have worked in various roles from a PC Tech to my current role as a Security Engineer for a large Computer Company.

I am currently going to school for my BA in Cyber Security as it seems you need a piece of paper now to prove you know something. I would rather that the paper was indicative of my skills not the other way around. I am looking forward to growing and learning as it is a never ending process.

Reactions: frogboy

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
Hi,

Well my interests were gaming, technology, and business. I studied Video Game Design at college, but i dropped out when studying it in University due to just reasons such as the employment rate, the competition, and just if i change my mind further down the line. I do still enjoy video games, and making them, but i think it is something i will do in my spare time, as a portfolio is better than a degree in a production role like game designer as a degree does not represent your products whereas a portfolio does, it was a hard decision, and one i regret, a lot, but hey-ho.

Currently starting University next month, doing a generalised course, as being pressured into it by a lot of my family, and apart from that, i only have a job paying minimum wage. I would enjoy making computers and working as a technician, but just not sure how to enter the field without a qualification like COMPTIA A+, which i can not afford. Therefore, studying a Business & IT course from next month for 4 long long years. Involving Programming which i hated as i failed it at college doing Comp Sci, but the course also involves web design, SQL :/, Introductory Accounting, Business Management, Systems Analysis, Effective Management Consultancy, Introduction to Marketing Management, Dashboards and Spreadsheets, and more. Not sure if i will enjoy it.

Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Security?
Not sure, it just does.

If a student, what are your career goals?
Finish my Bachelor's Degree in Criminology and pursue a career in law enforcement. Currently in the Army National Guard as well; hoping to excel in both fields.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
We had a laptop I rarely used because it was Microsoft and using Windows was Greek to me. We lost our ISP-provided AV suite and I wanted to find free options, so I started scouring the web to learn what I could. Now I know a bit more about how to use Windows and I found MT. :cool: I still dislike MS, but Windows is not intimidating anymore. Thank you MT members! (y)

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Security?
Not sure, it just does.

If a student, what are your career goals?
Finish my Bachelor's Degree in Criminology and pursue a career in law enforcement. Currently in the Army National Guard as well; hoping to excel in both fields.

The ARNG can be a nice launch point.... just get in the right MOS.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Dream career: Computer Science

Job goals: Relax job, friendly boss and co-workers. Make tons of money without running through stress, depression, and anxiety. I hate being broke.
You can get the first goal i.e Computer Science and as for next goal its a bit difficult unless you become the CEO of a company on the very first job.

Reactions: AtlBo and Weebarra

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I have been on jobs like chef, caretaker / engineering , ive finished schools for both of them.
I have been lately on sick leave due depression and other mental problems, stress reactions during hurry jobs and stuff that i dont hope to anyone ( OCD is an hell)

My daily routine is like:
wake up
Lurk on MalwareTips / other forums / play games ; tldr; multitasking
go for a walk or something
sleep

Things are getting better day by day, but im jelly to people that have no mental illness and they can work normally

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I have been on jobs like chef, caretaker / engineering , ive finished schools for both of them.
I have been lately on sick leave due depression and other mental problems, stress reactions during hurry jobs and stuff that i dont hope to anyone ( OCD is an hell)

My daily routine is like:
wake up
Lurk on MalwareTips / other forums / play games ; tldr; multitasking
go for a walk or something
sleep

Things are getting better day by day, but im jelly to people that have no mental illness and they can work normally

Well I empathize with you brother. All of us have challenges of different sorts at different phases of life. I know some of these things are not easy.

I dealt with a little PTSD and complicating factors for awhile.

For many, structure helps. A lot.

Power through what you can, adapt and adjust to what you can't -- and live life to the fullest extent possible for your given state and given time.

:emoji_beer:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.