Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Dell
MSI
ASUS
HP

I don't recommend HP because I have used a lot of HP products in the past and all of them are pos(piece of sh*t). My 3 years old HP printer which I don't use often is about to give up out of nowhere. HP stands for Horrible Product from my point of view. ASUS is not bad, but ASUS now is not the ASUS I know in the past that they are very good in quality department. MSI is a big no no in the past, but now they are very good in quality department and kinda much better than ASUS.
Dell are worst among them. They honor warranties but most of the times they wreck perfectly working hardware and added new schemes to slow down laptops.
I have good experience with Lenovo's. Although they are cheap, their SW is good quality besides their phishing utility called Superfish or whatever!

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Dell are worst among them. They honor warranties but most of the times they wreck perfectly working hardware and added new schemes to slow down laptops.
I have good experience with Lenovo's. Although they are cheap, their SW is good quality besides their phishing utility called Superfish or whatever!

The first thing I do when I purchase computer is to clean install Windows. I never have any luck with HP products at all. I heard a lot of good things with Dell. I might have to try one of Dell gaming laptops later on to see for myself.

Reactions: JB007

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
The first thing I do when I purchase computer is to clean install Windows. I never have any luck with HP products at all. I heard a lot of good things with Dell. I might have to try one of Dell gaming laptops later on to see for myself.
I suggest you don't waste your money on Dell's Gaming Jokebooks! Their cooling system and firmware are trash.
I'm typing it on a INR 228 954 AW which is rendered almost worthless after new uCodes and had to revert back to older Dell BIOS uCode CC to get rid off CPU multi-threaded perf. hit on skylake D6 uCode. Well, got another lenovo s145 with 2c/4t Ryzen 3200U and 3200U whupped 6700HQ *** based on processor thermals and energy efficiency.
On Linux 6700HQ is barely any faster than Pentium 2020M after D6 microcode. I'm getting new laptop with Ryzen probably Lenovo. If Legion or Thinkpad has 4900H, upgradeable RAM slots with 64/128GB, couple of SSDs, bigger battery. I'm buying it.

To OP: Legion or Ideapad gaming laptops are good laptops with better processor/GPU thermals than Dell almost 10-20C cooler with better thermal paste and pads.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.