Advice Request HEUR:Trojan-PSW.Script.Generic

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Sent to ESET with the response of Kaspersky and ESET is gonna add it to their signatures in the next update
View attachment 230031
Hello,
Just checked with ESET on a friend laptop. NOD32 detects the threat(y)
What's up with the other antivirus ?
MiotESET.PNG

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I have sent the complete script to almost all AV vendors. Let's see how many of them add it to their signatures.
VirusTotal link: VirusTotal
Thanks @SeriousHoax
I'm wondering about how VirusTotal works because Kaspersky was the first AV to detect this threat and it doesn't yet appear on the list of AV that detect this URL:unsure:
Also I don't understand the difference between this two VT check : VirusTotal and VirusTotal

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm wondering about how VirusTotal works because Kaspersky was the first AV to detect this threat and it doesn't yet appear on the list of AV that detect this URL
VT usually does not reflect properly Kaspersky detections, in these cases You can check if ZoneAlarm does, because it uses Kaspersky engine ;)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Hello @SeriousHoax
You answered my question before I ask it:unsure:
I just noticed that Kaspersky no longer blocks thi site.
But Netcraft always blocks it.
Kaspersky never blacklisted the site but it by default scans encrypted connections in browsers so it knows whether any known malicious script has loaded or not while Netcraft can't do that and they simply put the site in blacklist I suppose. So, that's the reason.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.