• Entertainment

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Thank you for letting me be a part of this forum :)

I've visited here before, but I didn't realize that when you sign up, the whole forum opens up with so many topics and threads. I'll be reading for a while and hopefully will be able to contribute something helpful here and there.

Cheers :)

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Welcome to MalwareTips! We're glad to have you here. We hope you find the forum informative and helpful. There are certainly many different topics and discussions to explore, and our community is always happy to hear from new members.

If you have any questions or concerns as you navigate the forum, don't hesitate to ask. Our members are friendly and knowledgeable, and they're more than happy to help out. We look forward to seeing you around the forum and hearing your thoughts and insights.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Thank you all for the kind welcome to the forum posts and acknowledgments, I appreciate it :)

Just a couple of questions. I didn't see in the forum rules, may have missed it, but how many posts do I need before I'm approved, where the Mods don't have to review my posts before they're submitted?
Also, what does the 100 and green arrow up mean? 100 being big-time approval? The others are pretty self-explanatory.
malwaertips icons.jpg

Thank you :)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Just a couple of questions. I didn't see in the forum rules, may have missed it, but how many posts do I need before I'm approved, where the Mods don't have to review my posts before they're submitted?
I waited a while, and I thought someone was going to answer your question, or some moderator, although late, here is a post of welcome, not posts more come on, answering your first question when you are a new member, you are received by several members who receive you with open arms in different ways Hello, Welcome, Welcome MT each member reacts in a way of your arrival on the forum, and always has a moderator around here as our friend was @harlan4096 who is always around here. He always says Feel free to read the forum rules: Forum Rules if you have read all the rules you should have understood. Regarding approval of your posts, you have to meet some parameters, I do not remember how many posts you need to have, I think above 10 posts if I'm not mistaken, but do not worry about it, naturally your posts will be approved by the moderator, as long as you do not violate the rules. Other than that, when you reach a certain number of posts, after that your posts will be automatically submitted without the need for approval. I ask that you never forget the forum rules if you read them. The MalwareTips forum is very civilized community, it was one of the things I loved, was the Forum rules. ;)
Also, what does the 100 and green arrow up mean? 100 being big-time approval? The others are pretty self-explanatory.
1678701767673.png
Points means that when a post from a member or a moderator was very well explained and well elaborated, that helped a person to solve a problem, or one shared a great tip that nobody knew about and that really impressed a member or several members and in that case 100 Points falls in that category it's like the maximum grade you understand? So it's not an approval, it's just a reaction of your post. The Green Arrow up, also known as +1 or +Reputation itself, that's also a reaction of your post, you have member who may like your post and agree with it and mark the reaction as +Reputation each member may react differently, that calls each person's point of view, or understand your post by different angle, that you posted. So the +1 is like a statement for example: I use an ad blocker in a password manager and my browser and that's it, not beyond that. Your post may get many reactions like I liked it, plus some may use +Reputation that you are right, you are a simplistic and unabashed person. Remember that these reactions have a long term impact on your Level. I hope you understood my explanation. (y)

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I waited a while, and I thought someone was going to answer your question, or some moderator, although late, here is a post of welcome, not posts more come on, answering your first question when you are a new member, you are received by several members who receive you with open arms in different ways Hello, Welcome, Welcome MT each member reacts in a way of your arrival on the forum, and always has a moderator around here as our friend was @harlan4096 who is always around here. He always says Feel free to read the forum rules: Forum Rules if you have read all the rules you should have understood. Regarding approval of your posts, you have to meet some parameters, I do not remember how many posts you need to have, I think above 10 posts if I'm not mistaken, but do not worry about it, naturally your posts will be approved by the moderator, as long as you do not violate the rules. Other than that, when you reach a certain number of posts, after that your posts will be automatically submitted without the need for approval. I ask that you never forget the forum rules if you read them. The MalwareTips forum is very civilized community, it was one of the things I loved, was the Forum rules. ;)

View attachment 273537 Points means that when a post from a member or a moderator was very well explained and well elaborated, that helped a person to solve a problem, or one shared a great tip that nobody knew about and that really impressed a member or several members and in that case 100 Points falls in that category it's like the maximum grade you understand? So it's not an approval, it's just a reaction of your post. The Green Arrow up, also known as +1 or +Reputation itself, that's also a reaction of your post, you have member who may like your post and agree with it and mark the reaction as +Reputation each member may react differently, that calls each person's point of view, or understand your post by different angle, that you posted. So the +1 is like a statement for example: I use an ad blocker in a password manager and my browser and that's it, not beyond that. Your post may get many reactions like I liked it, plus some may use +Reputation that you are right, you are a simplistic and unabashed person. Remember that these reactions have a long term impact on your Level. I hope you understood my explanation. (y)
Yes, well done and thoughtfully explained, piquiteco. :) Thank you, and I appreciate it :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.