Advice Request HiBit Uninstaller (HBU)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
HiBit has yet to let me down when removing programs. It cleans what it is supposed to clean. I find that it cleans residue left behind very well. I myself sometimes check manually in the system to see if there are any leftovers from something I removed. The installation monitor does its job 100%.

As for Ashampoo Uninstaller, it is not a bad product.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I used for some years the Ashampoo Photo Commander & with each release it grew bigger & bigger without (great improvements) many changes, in the end I ditched it & use a freeware program just as good - As with their CD/DVD software - I did give feedback to no avail. I'll try the uninstaller because if I am going to be critical of a company it ought to be honest?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I used for some years the Ashampoo Photo Commander & with each release it grew bigger & bigger without (great improvements) many changes, in the end I ditched it & use a freeware program just as good - As with their CD/DVD software - I did give feedback to no avail. I'll try the uninstaller because if I am going to be critical of a company it ought to be honest?
Tbh most of Ashampoo products are not developed by Ashampoo teams. Either acquired or licensed.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hibit cannot totally remove the McAfee Live remnants in Windows 11. Just tried it.

Need MCPR (McAfee removal tool for end-consumer) to assist in removing the remnants. Later will try out.

Last edited:

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
AV's are hard to remove, a lot of times you need to use their uninstaller. With that being said and knowing you already know that, I'm surprised Hibit didn't do the job, every time I've used it Hibit has worked flawlessly.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I'm surprised Hibit didn't do the job, every time I've used it Hibit has worked flawlessly.
HiBit, or any uninstaller that scans for leftovers are removing security software will do a bad job, as there will often be drivers left behind that won't be detected, as they are not located in subfolder in Program Files where the antivirus was installed. The exception to this is if you use installation monitoring to monitor the installation of antiviruses, so the uninstaller has a record of every file and registry key created, so it knows exactly what files need to be deleted.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I used MCPR (McAfee removal tool for end-consumer) to remove yet Everything still shows McAfee remnants

1682234019348.png

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
HiBit, or any uninstaller that scans for leftovers are removing security software will do a bad job, as there will often be drivers left behind that won't be detected, as they are not located in subfolder in Program Files where the antivirus was installed. The exception to this is if you use installation monitoring to monitor the installation of antiviruses, so the uninstaller has a record of every file and registry key created, so it knows exactly what files need to be deleted.
True, never used Hibit to uninstall an AV yet.

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
I have used it to uninstall something far worse than a AV (Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office) and Yea that went well big ass blue screen of death, then by reboot blue screen of death, reboot blue screen of death the windows reinstall I think Acronis might have pushed Hibit two far.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
You guys! Don't forget that HiBit makes copies of certain software in the form of a back-up If you're sure you don't need this, you can delete any back-up/s in c/:Users/your name here/AppData/Roaming/HiBit Uninstaller/Uninstaller/Backup.

You can recoup actual GBs of space, depending on what you do. Just cleaned it out recently and got back some GBs myself. :coffee:

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
You guys! Don't forget that HiBit makes copies of certain software in the form of a back-up If you're sure you don't need this, you can delete any back-up/s in c/:Users/your name here/AppData/Roaming/HiBit Uninstaller/Uninstaller/Backup.

You can recoup actual GBs of space, depending on what you do. Just cleaned it out recently and got back some GBs myself. :coffee:
I always do this with HBU
This frees up more MB from the disk :)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014

If you Open Backups & Reports Manager in the Tools menu, it has the option to automatically delete backups older than 14 days.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
the program is very good for removing unnecessary programs and files.
I've been using it for quite some time and it has never let me down
although I've never removed antiviruses with it, so I can't express my opinion on this operation, but I'll try it sometime.
but overall it works very well and i hope it will continue to do so.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
the program is very good for removing unnecessary programs and files.
I've been using it for quite some time and it has never let me down
although I've never removed antiviruses with it, so I can't express my opinion on this operation, but I'll try it sometime.
but overall it works very well and i hope it will continue to do so.

I have used this programme to remove both normal applications and antivirus packages and everything has always gone perfectly. No leftovers from the deleted applications.
For me this is one of the best applications on my laptop.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.