HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

Renz1er

Sep 4, 2020
Kaspersky Internet Security - During the removal it failed. I had to untick the option Hide Original Uninstallation
During the removal process everything was fine. Upon reboot, sound driver was messed up again. Driver wasnt removed but default sound options were removed (had to select again input and output).

:( No one else is having that problem with the sound. Is there a custom software you are using? Sorry it is doing that to you! Maybe you can contact the author, he replies to his emails.

Installed kaspersky free cloud on a fresh windows 10, removed the bundled network connection software using hibit and after restart it did the same thing with me. No default sound input/output found; but did not remove drivers.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Installed kaspersky free cloud on a fresh windows 10, removed the bundled network connection software using hibit and after restart it did the same thing with me. No default sound input/output found; but did not remove drivers.
I tried again on same system but removing 3 times:
Revo Uninstaller pro - no issues
Iobit 2.4 uninstaller - no issues
Iobit 2 uninstaller - no issues
HiBit latest version portable - default sound input/output issues again

safe to say i will not try again anymore nor will i report the issue via email since there are other options available and I technically shouldnt be wasting my time unless is a solution/app/software I really like and cannot find a replacement.

Renz1er

Sep 4, 2020
I tried again on same system but removing 3 times:
Revo Uninstaller pro - no issues
Iobit 2.4 uninstaller - no issues
Iobit 2 uninstaller - no issues
HiBit latest version portable - default sound input/output issues again

safe to say i will not try again anymore nor will i report the issue via email since there are other options available and I technically shouldnt be wasting my time unless is a solution/app/software I really like and cannot find a replacement.

Seems like I will be switching back to revo, not taking any risks. Hibit might have more similar unwanted issues.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I just did this earlier today but not on fresh install. KSC free and removed their secure connection with Hibit with no problems. :( (Wasn't trying to duplicate your problem, was just coincidence!) LOL

BTW did you upgrade to latest version of Hibit through the updater? If so, try to uninstall and reinstall it clean. Just a suggestion! Also have your checked your startups? Using autoruns or Hibit Startup HiBit Startup Manager (Which is excellent for monitoring anything sneaky trying to auto run at startup) Maybe some custom sound installer software is running and interfering?

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I just did this earlier today but not on fresh install. KSC free and removed their secure connection with Hibit with no problems. :( (Wasn't trying to duplicate your problem, was just coincidence!) LOL

BTW did you upgrade to latest version of Hibit through the updater? If so, try to uninstall and reinstall it clean. Just a suggestion! Also have your checked your startups? Using autoruns or Hibit Startup HiBit Startup Manager (Which is excellent for monitoring anything sneaky trying to auto run at startup) Maybe some custom sound installer software is running and interfering?
i can confirm that on my end i never had this problem until i posted above. It does seem randomly at times but honestly the time it takes to recreate is wasting time. :)

I was using latest version portable, the version that upon reboot, automatically launches the uninstaller.

Renz1er

Sep 4, 2020

Like initially I did run a portable version of Hibit, then went for the installer version. I was very hyped up about this uninstaller, but might wait a bit longer before it gets better. And, not sure, but as far as I checked, no other installer was running in the background.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I use KSC Free and the first thing I do after install is to remove the VPN that it offers with HiBit and have no issues after that. You can post a log with the leftovers it finds after uninstallation, just to be sure if something is wrong at your end.

After the latest addition of the Install Monitoring feature, it will be safer and better to install your software using this feature, and then uninstalling it. This will remove any errors in finding leftovers.

Also, it's always recommended to remove antivirus software with it's original uninstaller.

With the addition of new features , it's going to be hard to beat HiBit uninstaller by other freeware alternatives, as it's already joined the league of Pro versions of uninstallers, and even better. Time to update my review of Uninstaller comparison page.

Renz1er

Sep 4, 2020
I use KSC Free and the first thing I do after install is to remove the VPN that it offers with HiBit and have no issues after that. You can post a log with the leftovers it finds after uninstallation, just to be sure if something is wrong at your end.

After the latest addition of the Install Monitoring feature, it will be safer and better to install your software using this feature, and then uninstalling it. This will remove any errors in finding leftovers.

Also, it's always recommended to remove antivirus software with it's original uninstaller.

With the addition of new features , it's going to be hard to beat HiBit uninstaller by other freeware alternatives, as it's already joined the league of Pro versions of uninstallers, and even better. Time to update my review of Uninstaller comparison page.

Apparently, I forgot to turn on the monitor feature while installing KSC free and I did use the original uninstaller to remove it. Thanks for the tips, if I ever do that again and face the same issue; hopefully will post a log.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
The author of the program wrote me back and said:

Hi,
After checking, I could not understand where the problem came from. The
sound settings in the following key are stored in the registry and the
program does not check this key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices

I just mentioned that it was pertaining to Kaspersky Security Cloud because I forgot to tell him that at first. Maybe he will come join the site.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
The Author of Hibit software is trying to get registered on this site and it was not approved. @Jack or @Soulbound can you help him please? You can contact him at support@hibbitsoft.ir I do not know if he registered with his Hibit business or his real name. Thanks!
I don't think I have control over registrations at all. Jack or @Spawn perhaps

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I just used the installation monitoring to monitor the installation of PremiumAV. I then used uninstalled it and in the list of leftovers were many files and registry keys, that were not leftovers from PremiuimAV. This included some system files and important registry keys, which should not be deleted. Other files it wanted to delete, included drivers from IObit Uninstaller.

It seems that for now, the installation monitoring should be used with extreme caution. Since I've found HiBit's regular scan for leftovers to be safe to use, I installed Premium again, without monitoring the install. When I uninstalled it again, HiBit found a single leftover which did belong to PremiumAV. As a result, I still highly recommend using HiBit to scan for leftovers, but don't use the installation monitoring.

On my main system, I monitor all installs with Total Uninstall and it has never wanted to delete any system files, important registry keys or anything which would cause issues. Whenever I uninstall software with Total Uninstaller, I let it delete everything it wants to.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I just used the installation monitoring to monitor the installation of PremiumAV. I then used uninstalled it and in the list of leftovers were many files and registry keys, that were not leftovers from PremiuimAV. This included some system files and important registry keys, which should not be deleted. Other files it wanted to delete, included drivers from IObit Uninstaller.

It seems that for now, the installation monitoring should be used with extreme caution. Since I've found HiBit's regular scan for leftovers to be safe to use, I installed Premium again, without monitoring the install. When I uninstalled it again, HiBit found a single leftover which did belong to PremiumAV. As a result, I still highly recommend using HiBit to scan for leftovers, but don't use the installation monitoring.

On my main system, I monitor all installs with Total Uninstall and it has never wanted to delete any system files, important registry keys or anything which would cause issues. Whenever I uninstall software with Total Uninstaller, I let it delete everything it wants to.
Yes maybe a bug with the install monitor! I just use the regular uinstall with hibit from context menu. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the author can get on this site.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

Probably the reason why it's always recommended to remove Antivirus installs only with their original uninstaller. I believe uninstalling an antivirus with any uninstaller (more specifically using advanced scans) other than their original uninstaller/windows uninstaller must be used with extreme caution. This is possibly because of serious false positives that are bound to happen due to large number of registry entries an antivirus might interact with.

Hope this isn't the case with regular software uninstalls, at least from my testing. Finally maybe the new installation monitoring feature needs to mature, and it could happen in due time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.