HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
Hi

Anyone else running HiBit uninstaller and Qihoo 360 that have problems with updates of 360?
I just ran an update of Qihoo, monitored with HiBit, and after completed installation HiBit said; no installation detected even though it had been done. Odd. Tried several times to really get a confirm and, yes, no installation detected.
Unfortunately, this feature does not exist, but I am working on it and it will be added in the future.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
While uninstalling Google Chrome, the leftover scan detected these files and registry entries which are related to Internet Download Manager. Related to IDM's Chrome integration I guess. Can you make HiBit not detect these?
1.PNG2.PNG

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
Hi hibitsoftware,
Thank you for a wonderful little software!

I have a question regarding the speed of the the Tool:Junk files cleaner.
Is it possible to speed up the cleaning part?
It seems to be an issue of single thread cpu usage, is this something you could verify?

/W
Will be implemented in the next version.
As for the delay in releasing the new version, unfortunately I have a lot of personal problems, I try to publish it sooner.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Will be implemented in the next version.
As for the delay in releasing the new version, unfortunately I have a lot of personal problems, I try to publish it sooner.
Please do try to resolve your personal problems and take your time to update the release. It's important that your users understand that you lead a life too. Am sure you will gain a lot of ardent followers with your amazing work.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Last edited:

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
My license for SoftOrganizer Pro ended yesterday, and today I saw this thread for HiBit Uninstaller and tried it out. And I must say that I am very impressed, it works very good and I am going to use HiBit Uninstaller from now on instead of renewing my SoftOrganizer license. :) ( I am also taking a look at HiBit Startup Manager. )

EDIT: Whoops I saw a terrible typo that I really had to remove. :oops:

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Although I also have a high regard for HiBit, one has to be mindful in its use as it can be both too aggressive and sometimes not aggressive enough in what is deleted.

A case in point would be tegarding a Taxation application that I use. I installed Intuit Turbotax on a secondary drive while maintaining data files on the primary. Upon using HiBit to uninstall the application, it was noted that while the application entries made on the primary (Program Data, Roaming, Registry entries, etc) were indeed wiped, HiBit was also going to erase all of the needed data files (the latter would NOT occur by the use of the official uninstaller). Also surprising was that a good deal of the Turbotax application was not touched on the secondary install drive and had to be removed manually.

So in short a job both too good while not good enough.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Although I also have a high regard for HiBit, one has to be mindful in its use as it can be both too aggressive and sometimes not aggressive enough in what is deleted.

A case in point would be tegarding a Taxation application that I use. I installed Intuit Turbotax on a secondary drive while maintaining data files on the primary. Upon using HiBit to uninstall the application, it was noted that while the application entries made on the primary (Program Data, Roaming, Registry entries, etc) were indeed wiped, HiBit was also going to erase all of the needed data files (the latter would NOT occur by the use of the official uninstaller). Also surprising was that a good deal of the Turbotax application was not touched on the secondary install drive and had to be removed manually.

So in short a job both too good while not good enough.
Same thing happened to me, don't remember the details as it was a few months ago but it tried to delete way too many files that were unrelated to the program I was trying to uninstall. Only happened once and every other time I used it to uninstall something there were no issues.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
As I said a few pages ago whenever I uninstall Vivaldi it also tries to delete my Vivaldi MP3 files. I t just happenned again with the latest version. As any uninstaller/cleaner you should check what is being deleted before hittin ok blindly.

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
@HiBitSoftware

As mentioned before, I am very impressed by your software. But I would like to nitpick a bit, because in HiBit Uninstaller Startup Manager ( And in the standalone HiBit Startup Manager. ) when using the Windows 10 Dark or slategrey theme the colour of the text above the processes are dark blue? This makes it vey difficult for me to see, is there a way to change that colour? Or would it be possible to change it in a new version later on?

IHlNR1x.jpg

It is less difficult to read in slategrey then dark but still, it would be really nice if it was a better readable colour.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.