HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
@HiBitSoftware

As mentioned before, I am very impressed by your software. But I would like to nitpick a bit, because in HiBit Uninstaller Startup Manager ( And in the standalone HiBit Startup Manager. ) when using the Windows 10 Dark or slategrey theme the colour of the text above the processes are dark blue? This makes it vey difficult for me to see, is there a way to change that colour? Or would it be possible to change it in a new version later on?

It is less difficult to read in slategrey then dark but still, it would be really nice if it was a better readable colour.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change it, it's default color in OS.

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
Just remember that the developer is going thru some personal problems atm.
I am sure Hibit will adress these bugs when all is fine again.
We all wish Hibit our best!

EDIT! Ahh, welcome back Hibit, I hope all is fine with you.
/W
Unfortunately, my mother is suffering from cancer, and her condition has worsened in the last few months, and I am taking care of her. I even left my main job temporarily. Thanks for understanding.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
He. HiBit, says that it is not possible to send, transfer, him money due to the Iran vs Usa situation. But with some fantasy it should be. Putting 1 bill in a letter adressed to a reciever is an old way to send money. If you do it the right way it usually works. If not every letter is controlled by the government.

I am willing to take the risk of losing some money that way in my effort to donate for the program, and at the same time help HiBit in his situtation. Which is as far as i know also an economical one.

I am willing to take the first plunge to try this out.
So what do you say - HiBit - possible?

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
He. HiBit, says that it is not possible to send, transfer, him money due to the Iran vs Usa situation. But with some fantasy it should be. Putting 1 bill in a letter adressed to a reciever is an old way to send money. If you do it the right way it usually works. If not every letter is controlled by the government.

I am willing to take the risk of losing some money that way in my effort to donate for the program, and at the same time help HiBit in his situtation. Which is as far as i know also an economical one.

I am willing to take the first plunge to try this out.
So what do you say - HiBit - possible?
I don't need a donation. I have enough savings.
Thanks for your kindness.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Unfortunately, my mother is suffering from cancer, and her condition has worsened in the last few months, and I am taking care of her. I even left my main job temporarily. Thanks for understanding.

So sorry to hear about that. Prayers for her.
Although I also have a high regard for HiBit, one has to be mindful in its use as it can be both too aggressive and sometimes not aggressive enough in what is deleted.

A case in point would be tegarding a Taxation application that I use. I installed Intuit Turbotax on a secondary drive while maintaining data files on the primary. Upon using HiBit to uninstall the application, it was noted that while the application entries made on the primary (Program Data, Roaming, Registry entries, etc) were indeed wiped, HiBit was also going to erase all of the needed data files (the latter would NOT occur by the use of the official uninstaller). Also surprising was that a good deal of the Turbotax application was not touched on the secondary install drive and had to be removed manually.

So in short a job both too good while not good enough.
In cases like this, I believe Installation Monitoring might help. This isn't turned on by default in HiBit, so as not to have a service constantly running in the background. You have to use the menu option and probably un-installation turns out differently this time.

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
HiBit Uninstaller 2.6.10 (2021-06-25)

Changelog:
Added ability to detect program update in "Installation Monitoring".
Added ability to change the priority of the program before start uninstalling.
Added ability to hide or show columns in the list of programs.
Added ability to run the tools separately by pressing the Shift key before running the tool.
Added "Tools Shortcut Manager" tool.
Added report to view and save uninstalled program details.
Improved leftovers search algorithm and speed.
Improved overall program performance.
Minor bugs fixes.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Discovered a new version today:

hibituninstaller.PNG

From the HiBit website/changelog section:

HiBit Uninstaller Changelog
-------------------------------------

HiBit Uninstaller 2.6.15 (2021-06-30)

Compatible with Windows 11 preview.
Updated All languages.
Improved leftovers search algorithm.

Thank you for this wonderful software. (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.