HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
@HiBitSoftware Found a bug. After uninstalling, if the uninstalled app asks for a system restart and I restart the system before letting HiBit do Advanced Cleanup (which everyone should do in such case) then HiBit automatically launches after restart to continue with Advanced Scan.
But with this latest update the HiBit that launches after a system restart is the default one in default settings in white theme without promting for Advanced Scan.
If I close that and manually launch HiBit then it loads with my settings and the Advanced Scan windows comes up like it used to do before this update.
I'm using HiBit portable.
Problem solved. A new version will be released soon.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I meant the fourth screenshot in this link HiBit Uninstaller Freeware Review | Daves Computer Tips which is this:
1638460200235.png

I always trust the developer, so I leave the app to the default settings. But in this case, wanted to know if enabling the Advanced scan would have any effect to system performance/stability after uninstallation of the application is done?

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
To be honest, it's high time that this software be renamed as HiBit tune-up software. It's much more than just an uninstaller (which is its USP and it's really great at that), and probably has all the features that CCleaner has and even more.
By USP you mean "Unique selling point"? I don't know what it is really.

I personally don't like that idea. If it's an uninstaller, the developer should keep it as an uninstaller only.
Why to integrate different and several features into the same application?
I am not programmer or developer, but that's my own idea.

CCleaner used to be simple app, which I still use it, but they also added a driver updater as well.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@HiBitSoftware In Windows 11 Pro, does HiBit lists the default "Teams" app, when you open the HiBit?
I uninstalled Teams from Settings -> Apps and Features. But later noticed that in HiBit I would also go to the Tools -> Windows Store Apps Manager to see Store apps. But I am not sure if Teams would be there.
Anyway, I did install Teams and I hope it was ok. I mean does it have other dependencies on other Windows apps?

Any idea?

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
If any information remains, the uninstalled software may be displayed in the HiBit list.
It's spill-like information, so it's okay to leave it alone, and it probably won't cause any problems such as poor performance. Advanced scans exist for those who care about these.
Not limited to HiBit, what is commonly referred to as advanced scanning sometimes overdoes work. It's like wiping the window too hard and scratching the glass. If that risk is even a bit, I think the default setting for advanced scans should be disabled.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
excellent program
I have been using it for quite a long time and it really works very well.
I also have confidence in the programmer and always leave the program settings by default.
there is nothing to combine because you can do damage.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
@HiBitSoftware I am not sure if its only me. Whenever I monitor installation of large programs such as Genshin Impact, HiBit crashes while writing monitor logs. This has happened other times too.
Can you please improve if if it is known issue?

Thank you for this great uninstaller.

I also have noticed that the log writing has problems. For me it gets stuck for a while, shorter or longer, and then continues. During the stuck moment i am just waiting for it to crash, but it never does.

But that there are a problem there, that is certain.

Logic

Aug 27, 2020
Thx for a great uninstaller HiBitSoftware.

Quarterdeck Cleansweep was the last uninstaller I would recommend, until now.
(Anyone remember it? It just found everything!
The ability to make an installation from an already installed app, etc
Then Norton just had to uck it fup!)

Question:
I know HU will continue UN-installing after a reboot
(although DefenderUI/Voodooshield seems to need convincing of that?),
but what about (monitored) installs that require a reboot??
(Perhaps its DefenderUI and co again, buggering HU around??)

Reactions: roger_m

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
I have used Hibit Uninstaller for a long time now but recently when I check for updates, I get an error telling me to check my internet connection.
my Internet connection is fine and all my programs work just fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled it again but same problem.

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
I had problems with it last week when I was experimenting with a couple of new to me browsers, I used HiBit to remove Firefox and it removed the browser but also took out Spotify with it. I re-installed Spotify and later used HiBit to scan for junk files and unused folders. It did that but when it was done, I again found it had removed Spotify and the Vivaldi browser I had downloaded earlier that day. HiBit removed Spotify a total of 3 times last week. Up until now I have had absolutely zero trouble with HiBit. I have removed it for now, and am waiting for an update.

@HiBitSoftware, if it helps in finding a fix, it only removed Spotify and Vivaldi and they were both on my desktop. Programs in my start menu were not affected.

C.H.

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
Question:
I know HU will continue UN-installing after a reboot
(although DefenderUI/Voodooshield seems to need convincing of that?),
but what about (monitored) installs that require a reboot??
(Perhaps its DefenderUI and co again, buggering HU around??)
This feature is not yet available for installation monitoring.

I have used Hibit Uninstaller for a long time now but recently when I check for updates, I get an error telling me to check my internet connection.
my Internet connection is fine and all my programs work just fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled it again but same problem.
Check our website if it was available, then something has blocked the program from accessing the internet.
HiBitSoftware

I had problems with it last week when I was experimenting with a couple of new to me browsers, I used HiBit to remove Firefox and it removed the browser but also took out Spotify with it. I re-installed Spotify and later used HiBit to scan for junk files and unused folders. It did that but when it was done, I again found it had removed Spotify and the Vivaldi browser I had downloaded earlier that day. HiBit removed Spotify a total of 3 times last week. Up until now I have had absolutely zero trouble with HiBit. I have removed it for now, and am waiting for an update.

@HiBitSoftware, if it helps in finding a fix, it only removed Spotify and Vivaldi and they were both on my desktop. Programs in my start menu were not affected.

C.H.
Do you mean to remove Spotify, the whole program, or just it's the desktop icon?

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
This feature is not yet available for installation monitoring.

Check our website if it was available, then something has blocked the program from accessing the internet.
HiBitSoftware

Do you mean to remove Spotify, the whole program, or just it's the desktop icon?
Thanks for following up. It removed the entire Spotify desktop app/program. I had to go to the Spotify website and re-download it. The same thing happened with Vivaldi.

C.H.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.