HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I have used Hibit Uninstaller for a long time now but recently when I check for updates, I get an error telling me to check my internet connection.
my Internet connection is fine and all my programs work just fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled it again but same problem.
Are you using Bitdefender by chance? Bitdefender's Firewall has a strange bug where it blocks connections without anything registered in the log even when it has rules to allow all connections for that program. So far in my machines it affected Adobe Acrobat, HIbit and the software my wife uses to log to her company's VPN.

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
Are you using Bitdefender by chance? Bitdefender's Firewall has a strange bug where it blocks connections without anything registered in the log even when it has rules to allow all connections for that program. So far in my machines it affected Adobe Acrobat, HIbit and the software my wife uses to log to her company's VPN.
this problem happened to me with Bitdefender and Eset but with Windows Defender everything is ok and Hibit updates normally.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
New version out with some goodies. Go grab!
HiBit Uninstaller 2.7.30 (2022-01-03)
Added support "Send To" menu in the Context Menu Manager tool.
Added "Block New Processes" option in the Processes Manager tool.
Improved the Windows Store Apps Manager performance and added more features.
Improved the Installation Monitoring performance.
Improved leftovers search algorithm.
Improved GUI and fixed all known bugs.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I have tried several days now to access the website. I just realized it must be my VPN's IP address that is blocked by the website. I will disable my VPN later and try again.

Thanks @brambedkar59 for your check up. I tried with 2 different browser and I thought the problem was the website.
The country is Iran.
Most likely that VPN's are banned there.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
My VPN is set to Denmark.
What I meant that like in China and Russia (most) VPNs are not allowed in Iran.
If they block known IP addresses of VPN providers that could explain your problem connecting to the website.
Because others with no VPN have no issues connecting to the website.

toto_10

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
What I meant that like in China and Russia (most) VPNs are not allowed in Iran.
If they block known IP addresses of VPN providers that could explain your problem connecting to the website.
Because others with no VPN have no issues connecting to the website.
I totally get you and thank you for clearing things out for me 😊

I never thought about what .ir stands for. I guess now everything makes sense 😅 Sorry for being too slow 🙃😆

And btw the website is working now without VPN enabled.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Being using Revo since the beginning of time (mine). After reading some of yours posts about HIBIT I gave it a try. Lot of features, some I'll probably never use, forbidden territory for my paygrade. But I do like it so far. VoodooShield get grumpy when I want to use it, false positive that I must report it to Dan.

When and how to use Installation Monitoring?

Reactions: show-Zi

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I just tested the new installation monitoring. By default, you need to open HiBit, select Installation Monitoring and then drag and drop the installer onto the Installation Monitoring window. Fortunately, there is an "Add Install Monitor to Context Menu" option, in HiBit Uninstaller's tools menu. After enabling that, you can just right click on an installer and select "Install with HiBit Uninstaller." This makes it much simpler to monitor installs.

HiBit creates before and after snapshots, so that it has a record of every file and registry key created. I tested the install monitoring with Zemana AntiMalware v2. I chose Zemana as it creates a driver file which doesn't get deleted when uninstalling it normally and can't be easily deleted from Windows Explorer either. When I uninstalled Zemana, HiBit successfully deleted the driver without requiring a reboot.
I should have read this post before posting mine #275:oops:
EDIT, running portable version, clicking on tools menu Installation Monitoring just send the HIBIT windows to taskbar and freeze. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: show-Zi and MacTwig

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Not to worry, I found the culprit eh eh. To use Installation Monitoring I have to set VoodooShield on Disable/Install.
Dan Is checking these issue and also why HB is constantly blocked on my PC.
I'll report back ASAP when things get sorted.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Went for a walk restarted the PC and same VS blocks. Whithelisted HIBIT still VS complained for a couple of restarts and whitelisting.
Left to cook Pasta with Pesto di Peperoni and after a restart lol, the aroma did the trick, no more VS blocks, no more Installation Monitoring freeze.
Go figure...

Pesto di peperoni.png

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
clicking on tools menu Installation Monitoring just send the HIBIT windows to taskbar and freeze
I couldn't understand this behavior well. It means that it was stopped due to the influence of VS, right?
BTW, F-Secure also detected and quarantined Hibit immediately after the distribution started. I think that false positives are unavoidable with minor online software.;)

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I couldn't understand this behavior well. It means that it was stopped due to the influence of VS, right?
BTW, F-Secure also detected and quarantined Hibit immediately after the distribution started. I think that false positives are unavoidable with minor online software.;)
First sentence: I thinks so, that VS is very cautious.
Second sentence: I totally concur with you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.