HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
First sentence: I thinks so, that VS is very cautious.
Second sentence: I totally concur with you.
The HiBit Startup Manager distributed on the same day is still quarantined.
キャプチャ.PNG

Previously, there was a story that the author of Japanese online software stopped developing because it continued to be detected by Norton. I feel sad that online software created with good intentions is treated in this way.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
View attachment 263391
Previously, there was a story that the author of Japanese online software stopped developing because it continued to be detected by Norton. I feel sad that online software created with good intentions is treated in this way.
Interesting.
Dan was extremely accommodating to work out the issue on the spot.
In case some of you experience the same issue with VS he suggested that:
You might try to delete all of the HIBIT entries on the whitelist. You can
search for it in the search box, then just delete all of them.

The issue was resolved prior to that suggestion, but it is good to know.
In the end it seems to have resolved by itself, maybe by withelistimg HIBIT one more time.

Last edited:

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Still talking to Dan. Issue is back on and off. Whitelisting HIBIT on VS will work at first restart, to be blocked again on second restart, on and on she goes...
Until a solution is found running VS, I'll have to allow and whitelist HIBIT when requested/blocked.
Dan just requested the VS developer Log a moment ago, finger crossed.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
View attachment 263391
Sadly, this happens a lot for Norton and F-Secure for unsigned apps when a new version is released. For Norton it's usually "WS.Reputation.1" and for F-Secure it's related to Deepguard. You can submit it to F-Secure as false positive if it doesn't get whitelisted within 2 days. But in my experience, F-Secure is quite slow to react to user submission submitted from this page.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Sadly, this happens a lot for Norton and F-Secure for unsigned apps when a new version is released. For Norton it's usually "WS.Reputation.1" and for F-Secure it's related to Deepguard. You can submit it to F-Secure as false positive if it doesn't get whitelisted within 2 days. But in my experience, F-Secure is quite slow to react to user submission submitted from this page.
And like @VecchioScarpone noticed VoodooShield also doesn't like new versions of unsigned apps.
Whitelisting yourself or even better reporting to @danb does the trick.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
And like @VecchioScarpone noticed VoodooShield also doesn't like new versions of unsigned apps.
Whitelisting yourself or even better reporting to @danb does the trick.

Yes VS does block each new updates of HIBIT portable and I guess the installed HIBIT update too, which I am testing for Dan since yesterday afternoon.
The bigger issue for me is that with HIBIT portable , one in two time I restart the computer VS block it. (Bear in mind that VS do block new updates of others app sometimes but once allowed no more prompts)
Also when on HIBIT portable if I want to use Installation Monitoring I have to disable VS. No such issue running HB installed.

On another subject related to HIBIT, read on quite few posts in different forums that Installation Monitoring can cause issues, It should maybe left to advanced user.
What is your take?

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@brambedkar59 How do you determined that? I can sort by install date.

PS I am using portable version, I tried deleting config files/.exe file and fresh downloaded the zip file from official website. Still same issue.

Update: Talked to dev via email (very fast reply, Kudos). He sent me an updated version of HiBit Uninstaller (2.7.41) which fixed the issue. Expect an app update soon or maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018

PS I am using portable version, I tried deleting config files/.exe file and fresh downloaded the zip file from official website. Still same issue.

Update: Talked to dev via email (very fast reply, Kudos). He sent me an updated version of HiBit Uninstaller (2.7.41) which fixed the issue. Expect an app update soon or maybe tomorrow.

I also use the portable version and I had no problems sorting by date.
キャプチャ.PNG
I think it's great that the developers are quick to react. :)Wait for 2.7.41.(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.