Advice Request Hide.me VPN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

n8chavez

Level 16
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Hide.me is an interesting VPN I saw mentioned @ vpntierlist.com. I was wondering if anyone else has tried it, or what their thoughts are about it. I've been trying it because, well, why not? There seem to be a lot to like about it, such as:
  • Wireguard-ready
  • auto re-connect
  • Killswitches
  • Block all connects if the vpn drop
  • Script capable, to kill apps should connection drop
  • Split Tunneling
  • Custom DNS servers
  • P2P friendly
  • streaming-enabled servers
  • Socks5 support
  • The ability to tie a socks5 to the VPN (which is something I've only ever seen in Mullvad)
  • Jurisdiction in the Malaysia, where it is illegal to export/share data outside the country
  • Strict no-logs policy
  • Double-hop
  • Audited by DefenseCode
It does have a highly-configurable GUI, but it looks a bit outdated. But, it seems good. Thoughts?

Discount here.

Last edited:

n8chavez

Level 16
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I went ahead and got a 2 year deal, because I like what I saw in terms of it's privacy features and jurisdiction, and socks5 to vpn. I was able to find an even better discount than the one above, see here.

Reactions: Nevi and amirr

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I currently use Mullvad and between Mullvad and Hide.me, you told me for me Mullvad is enough, since I don't use "Custom DNS servers", right?

Reactions: Sorrento

n8chavez

Level 16
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I currently use Mullvad and between Mullvad and Hide.me, you told me for me Mullvad is enough, since I don't use "Custom DNS servers", right?
Correct. But what does "enough" mean? Mullvad is great. It's one of the most respected VPNs there is. That being said, I use hide.me. Look at what hide.me offers, in my first post in this thread. Mullvad does not offer all of that; like being abler to run a script on disconnect. I got hide.me for 39 months for roughly $100 USD. Mullvad charges about $6.50 USD per month. The math says hide.me is the way to go, all else being equal. Mullvad is $6.50 per moth whereas hide.me is about $2.55.

However, either one is a great choice. I just feel like hide.me is a bit better for me.

n8chavez

Level 16
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Just in case anyone wanted to try hide.me, they offer a really good Easter deal (here). 39 months for $95 USD. I like it, and they take privacy very seriously.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.