Hijaced

Arend de kok

Thread author
Sep 9, 2016
At the moment, i am on my laptop, i checked all the home computers, generated 3 new passwords and started changing them with ascociated accounts, creating a bootable USB to install win10, and clean the SSD.
- I've tried going into safe-mode, no success
- I've NOT tried connecting another harddrive, simply because i dont trust it's just on the SSD since it seems it has disabled it from the bios (i suspect it's a rootkit)

i'd like some assistance/advice on the matter at hand, any info i have that i readily remember is in here, ask if there's info you'd find usefull.

Thanks, Arend de kok amateur IT

Arend de kok

Thread author
Sep 9, 2016
yea, i looked at that, but i didnt come on here until i got locked out of booting, so i have issues running FRST. and my liscense is legit
currently i'm running a clean install from bootable USB, but im unsure as to the reinfection danger, since it seemed to run an excellerated course when it got discovered.

Arend de kok

Thread author
Sep 9, 2016
this is all being sent from my laptop, which i havent used in some time, but it's my home computer that got infected

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.