Battle Hitman Pro VS Norton Power Eraser

V

viel

Thread author
NPE is a portable executable.

NPE is more aggressive and can find a lot of things HMP doesn't, but HMP has more engines to scan the samples with.
Avast detected a left over NPE file after Un-installation as Adware, HitmanPro said it was suspicious I deleted them both since I don't need them. Here was the link I got it from, is it legit?Norton Power Eraser | Free Tool | Easily remove scamware that traditional virus scanning can’t detect.

Avast detected a left over NPE file after installation as Adware, HitmanPro said it was suspicious I deleted them both since I don't need them. Here was the link I got it from, is it legit?Norton Power Eraser | Free Tool | Easily remove scamware that traditional virus scanning can’t detect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Avast detected NPE as Adware and Hitman Pro found it suspicious I deleted it.
Should I be worried?
I don't have that problem. I'm using avast as my primary AV (with PUP enabled) and I have HMP, zemana, NPE but none of them detect NPE as malware

perhaps you used NPE to quarantine something. Then, avast detected this quarantined file as malware
or you downloaded the wrong program (packed with malware). Downloas from the official website or majorgeeks

V

viel

Thread author
I don't have that problem. I'm using avast as my primary AV (with PUP enabled) and I have HMP, zemana, NPE but none of them detect NPE as malware

perhaps you used NPE to quarantine something. Then, avast detected this quarantined file as malware
No, I do not think so NPE did not detect anything. Avast is on the highest settings high heuristics and aggressive mode.. is this why?

Reactions: MWNu72

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
No, I do not think so NPE did not detect anything. Avast is on the highest settings high heuristics and aggressive mode.. is this why?
same here but no problem
NPE is from symantec so there is no need to worry
you should remove all the leftovers of NPE and download the official version to replace the current one

V

viel

Thread author
same here but no problem
you should remove all the leftovers of NPE and download the official version to replace the current one
same here but no problem
I got it from here:
Norton Power Eraser | Free Tool | Easily remove scamware that traditional virus scanning can’t detect.

same here but no problem
I scanned with Zemana,Avast,NPE,HitmanPro and Malwarebytes, and Avast and Hitman Pro thinks NPE is adware, the leftover files after I deleted it were the ones that were accused being Adware and suspicious by Avast and HMP

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MWNu72

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.