Status
Not open for further replies.

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
One question,though...

I know the product is in development(Since 2012!....The dedication.O_O) but if I buy a HMP license,will I have access to it?

I've read on the developers' forum that running an anti-keylogger can cause problems.Haven't had that with Zemana AL Pro,as of yet.
Please disable Keystroke Encryption and BadUSB protection in HMPA as it might conflict with ZAL/ZALP and then give that combination a try.

If you request HMPA devs via PM on that forum,they may give you a license(with extended period like 3 months or more) for beta-testing and you can activate your license(paid - $$$ license) anytime you want.:)

Reactions: Ink and tonibalas

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Please disable Keystroke Encryption and BadUSB protection in HMPA as it might conflict with ZAL/ZALP and then give that combination a try.

If you request HMPA devs via PM on that forum,they may give you a license(with extended period like 3 months or more) for beta-testing and you can activate your license(paid - $$$ license) anytime you want.:)

Done...and done.Trying it out now.

Thanks,man.:D

Reactions: Welldone

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
I have read that HitmanPro.alert's cryptoguard is effective again Cryptolocker but there's a new one now called Crytowall 2.0 and one of my associate's was just hit with it recently. Does HitmanPro.alert 2 block cryptowall 2.0, or have you see anything that indicates that version 3 will stop it from encrypting?
A new video illustrating how HitmanPro.Alert 3 protects against crypto-ransomware, like CryptoWall 3 and CTB-Locker:

Reactions: Ink and Koroke San

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

Does it have a problem with Zemanan Antimalware 2 Beta?
Or Sandboxie? Anybody?
Or K-meleon Browser? Superbird Browser?
And how much does it cost? Also, do you have the link for the forum?

Last edited:

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Salutations,

Does it have a problem with Zemanan Antimalware 2 Beta? Or Sandboxie? Anybody?
Or K-meleon Browser? Superbird Browser?
And how much does it cost? Also, do you have the link for the forum?
Currently there is no separate forum for HMPA.But there is a thread on Wilders Security Forums dedicated entirely to HMPA support:D

To make HitmanPro.Alert compatible with Sandboxie,do the following steps.
1.Go to C:\Windows and copy the Sandboxie.ini file to any other location(For example,Desktop)

2.Open Sandboxie.ini file (the one you copied to Desktop) using Notepad and add the following line to [GlobalSettings] section (you can see at the beginning of the document) and save the file.
Code:
OpenPipePath=\Device\NamedPipe\hmpalert

3.Now copy the Sandboxie.ini file located in Desktop to C:\Windows,when asked if you want to replace the file,click Copy and Replace.

4.Open Sandboxie Control(using System Tray Icon or using Start Menu),Click Configure and then Click Reload Configuration.

I don't think there are issues with Zemana AntiMalware v2.x Beta or other browsers that you have mentioned.Please give HMPA a try.If there are issues,you can report to the developers and they could fix them :)

HitmanPro license is also valid for HitmanPro.Alert v3.x.You can check the prices for the product on http://www.surfright.nl/en/shop/

The paid license can be activated anytime you want:)

In case you would like to give HMPA a try(i.e.beta-test HMPA with extended trial period like 3 months or so),you can PM HMPA devs on Wilders Security Forums and get a license for the same :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Koroke San

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@Welldone

Just making sure that I am understanding you correctly. Hitman Pro Alert does it need Hitman Pro to stop ransom-ware virueses, like cyrptolocker and cryptowall ect...? Or can you only use Hitman Pro Alert with your favorite on demand scanner?

Also, many thanks on your tip about Sandboxie!

Next question, please,can be answer by anyone here. Which is your favorite between Hitman Pro Alert and cryptoprevent?
And/or which offer better protection?

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
@Welldone

Just making sure that I am understanding you correctly. Hitman Pro Alert does it need Hitman Pro to stop ransom-ware virueses, like cyrptolocker and cryptowall ect...? Or can you only use Hitman Pro Alert with your favorite on demand scanner?

Also, many thanks on your tip about Sandboxie!

Next question, please,can be answer by anyone here. Which is your favorite between Hitman Pro Alert and cryptoprevent?
And/or which offer better protection?
You are most welcome.:)

No. Only HitmanPro.Alert stops ransomware like crytolocker,cryptowall,etc.HitmanPro removes the malware whereas HitmanPro.Alert prevents malware from doing any harm to the PC.

HitmanPro License can be used for HitmanPro.Alert too.That is single license covers both HitmanPro and HitmanPro.Alert.

Yes,of course you can use any on-demand scanner along with HMPA.

There is no need to buy a separate license for HitmanPro.Alert

I would go with HitmanPro.Alert which has a lot more features than CryptoPrevent Premium and offers better protection.

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
By any chance does Hitman Pro Alert. Stop other ransomware this seem to be the big selling point of CryptoPrevent Premium.
That it stop unkown ransomware? http://www.foolishit.com/vb6-projects/cryptoprevent/cryptoprevent-faq/

Also, could you provide a link for a uninstall/removal tool just of Hitman Pro Alert? Just in it conflict with something on my
PC's. A couple of years back, I had to use their Hitman Pro Alert uninstall/removal tool. Because it would not uninstall and was
conflicting with another security software. You could P.M. me and/or post here with the link? For the uninstall/removal tool!
It you can not find, get with me when you do?

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
The difference between CryptoPrevent and HitmanPro.Alert is that CryptoPrevent actually does not specifically block crypto ransomware:

CryptoPrevent artificially implants hundreds of group policy object rules into the registry in order to block executables (*.exe, *.com *.scr and *.pif) and fake file extension executables in certain locations (i.e. %AppData%, %LocalAppData%, Recycle Bin) from running.
Source: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525028/cryptoprevent-does-it-work/?p=3294321

HitmanPro.Alert 3 prevents mass file encryption by comparing a file before and after a file was altered. That is a completely different approach.

Compared to version 2, HitmanPro.Alert 3 has been reworked significantly. Next to a complete new user interface, Alert also includes many new protection features. CryptoGuard has been beefed up to prevent CTB-Locker and CryptoWall 3 from doing harm (as can be seen in the video above)

Also entirely new are the Exploit Mitigations. We like to call it "EMET on Steroids" because Alert is the only software that includes Intel hardware-assisted ROP detection (ROP is a very common exploit technique).

See HitmanPro.Alert against CVE-2015-0311 (very recent Adobe Flash Exploit)

The installer as been worked on as well. So I think your issues with Alert 2 have been addressed. If not, please let us know.

Alert 3 is in release candidate state and can be downloaded from here:
http://test.hitmanpro.com/hmpalert3b141.exe

If you run into issues, please let me know.

Hope this helps.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Nice information that you have provide? Love the detail and time that you have put into this for me. That being the case, you sold me on
Hitman Pro Alert. Also, could you be so kind provide a link for a uninstall/removal tool just of Hitman Pro Alert? This part to my above couple of questions? Again, this help me if I run into a problem.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@Erik Loman,

Just downloaded and install Hitman Pro Alert. It also, install Hitman Pro and I do NOT see it how to uninstall it Hitman Pro?

> Strange,why? All I wanted was Hitman Pro Alert?
> Asking me to renew my Lic.,Key for Hitman Pro?
> Scan time with Hitman Pro is 8:32.
> Also, saying that is running with limit functionality? Please, explain what is meant by this?
> I have NOT use Hitman Pro for over 2.5 years?
> Could you help me with this?
> Also, answer the post #28 2nd part and post #30?

Last edited:

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
Just downloaded and install Hitman Pro Alert. It also, install Hitman Pro and I do NOT see it how to uninstall it Hitman Pro?

> Strange,why? All I wanted was Hitman Pro Alert?

You only get HitmanPro if you perform an On Demand scan. It is downloaded once you click on Scan.

> Asking me to renew my Lic.,Key for Hitman Pro?
> Also, saying that is running with limit functionality? Please, explain what is meant by this?
HitmanPro.Alert uses the same license as HitmanPro. If you buy a HitmanPro license, you get all HitmanPro.Alert features for free. Most features in Alert are free, only Exploit Mitigations and Active Vaccination require a license.

Please send me PM and I will send you a key.

If you run into trouble, you can uninstall via Add/Remove Software or run hmpalert.exe /uninstall (from a command prompt; use an admin account) or use one these uninstall tools:

32-bit: http://dl.surfright.nl/hmpalert-uninstall.exe
64-bit: http://dl.surfright.nl/hmpalert-uninstall_x64.exe

Last edited:

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello
i am a user of hitmanpro, i would like to use also this version 3 of Hitmanpro alert but i wait a stable version non beta; do you have an idea when you will end the beta cycle erik?

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Installed hitmanPro Alert & after restart my PC, it can't boot & giving BSOD, tried 8-9 times but same result even tried to run in safe mode & disabling AV during startup but no luck so finally system restore & back at track. Searched for BSOD minidumps but i didn't found, don't know why. I'll use this program after official release version or until they fix blue screen problem, don't want to mess with my new PC anyways :)

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
Installed hitmanPro Alert & after restart my PC, it can't boot & giving BSOD, tried 8-9 times but same result even tried to run in safe mode & disabling AV during startup but no luck so finally system restore & back at track. Searched for BSOD minidumps but i didn't found, don't know why. I'll use this program after official release version or until they fix blue screen problem, don't want to mess with my new PC anyways :)
Alert 3 as been tested by well over 100 security enthusiasts at the Wilders Security Forum.
This is the first time a BSOD has occurred with this build.

A few questions:

1. You are trying Alert 3 build 141?
2. What version of Windows are you using?
3. What security software are you running? (AVs etc.)

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

EDIT: I see in your signature a link to your PC config. Is that still accurate?

Reactions: Ink and Welldone

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
It was version 3.0.24 build 140, RC. I remember Hitmanpro alert showed me there is a new update available & it will update after next restart.
I'm using window 8.1 & currently using Emsisoft Anti-Malware & adguard at startup & no, that was a old config of another system.

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
It was version 3.0.24 build 140, RC. I remember Hitmanpro alert showed me there is a new update available & it will update after next restart.
I'm using window 8.1 & currently using Emsisoft Anti-Malware & adguard at startup & no, that was a old config of another system.
32 or 64-bit Windows 8.1?
Running anything else besides EIS and Adguard?

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Oh, i'm using 64 bit. Well only EAM & adguard runs in startup & rest crap i disabled. But zemana antimalware also installed in my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.