Advice Request HitmanPro Alert or SpyShelter Premium

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

HitmanPro Alert or SpyShelter Premium

• HitmanPro Alert

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • SpyShelter Premium

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

raytechknowledge

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 22, 2018
Hello All,

Recently i got Kaspersky Total Security. I want to complement it with 1 or 2 more products. As of now i am thinking -

1. HitmanPro Alert or SpyShelter Fierwall
2. Voodoshield or NVT OSArmour. I have made up my mind for Voodoshield as its a pre exploit software.

Which combination is ideal? KTS with either of choices from point no 1 above is an overkill? I use my laptop for general browsing + shopping + bank/trade.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ray

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Safe Money? How?
Online-Banking-the-Safe-Money-technology-1.png

Source

raytechknowledge

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 22, 2018

raytechknowledge

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 22, 2018
Thanks for all the reply. I am aware of Kaspersky Safe Money's protected browser and its feature. I am just thinking if given a choice which of the following options would you choose -

2. Voodoshield or NVT OSArmour. I have made up my mind for Voodoshield as its a pre exploit software.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Kaspersky is a very powerful product, I do not see the point of installing something too powerful with a lot of settings. So you can install HitmanPro Alert and/or OSArmour as they are fully automatic and very easy solutions.

But actually I would rather install the free PortMaster and configure there NextDNS for web protection, disabling Kaspersky's web protection modules completely. It will be good for privacy and speed. :)

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
if any version of spyshelter id opt for (and i do personally use) spyshelter firewall
have had in the past hitman alert.. but it caused so many weird and random issues, and stuff that couldn't even be whitelisted... after a yr of hitman alert i was glad to be rid of....

im coming up to needing a renewal of spyshelter firewall, and while the support is abysmal/non existant/terrible/ignorant....Ive no idea if the app is even updated anymore, there hasnt been an update to 12.7 (when i purchased last year)... I have unresponded to requests, questions/support tickets...
I feel i shouldnt be paying for it, such an ignorant dev...BUT
its an amazing hips/complement to use.... its stable... works in win11..... could be better yes, but as it is, its just what i need.
its very very configurable.... and while i do wish it were updated more frequently, it hasnt caused any issues like hitman alert caused (blue screens, unconfigurable exceptions etc)

Last edited:

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Kaspersky is a very powerful product, I do not see the point of installing something too powerful with a lot of settings. So you can install HitmanPro Alert and/or OSArmour as they are fully automatic and very easy solutions.

But actually I would rather install the free PortMaster and configure there NextDNS for web protection, disabling Kaspersky's web protection modules completely. It will be good for privacy and speed. :)
Please look at mentioned earlier test on AVLab page - results of KTS and SSFW talk everything. One can eulogize how Kaspersky is powerful...but no so powerful, configurable, light and effective in wide range application as SpyShelter in firewall version.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Well, this is a thread where the OP @raytechknowledge had a question: what he needs beside KTS, so to my understanding he want using KTS and may additional software.
The true fact only is tweaked KTS provides full protection against any kind of attacks by malware.
Very long time ago, I won a lifetime license for Spyshelter FW, I know very well how it works... SSFW provides only in "ask-user-mode" the full power of this software, but that means "flooding alerts" what for sure novice users are unable to handle. Furthermore, SSFW is not an AV, so using it without an AV would be really dangerous and a very high risk ending up infected. Really doesn't matter that some "special users" here in the forums just fully disagree (I don't need an AV, bla bla bla...) because what matters in this case of threads like that, the OP needs an AV otherwise he wouldn't asking such questions to add even more security software beside a full suite like KIS/KTS.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Well, this is a thread where the OP @raytechknowledge had a question: what he needs beside KTS, so to my understanding he want using KTS and may additional software.
The true fact only is tweaked KTS provides full protection against any kind of attacks by malware.
Very long time ago, I won a lifetime license for Spyshelter FW, I know very well how it works... SSFW provides only in "ask-user-mode" the full power of this software, but that means "flooding alerts" what for sure novice users are unable to handle. Furthermore, SSFW is not an AV, so using it without an AV would be really dangerous and a very high risk ending up infected. Really doesn't matter that some "special users" here in the forums just fully disagree (I don't need an AV, bla bla bla...) because what matters in this case of threads like that, the OP needs an AV otherwise he wouldn't asking such questions to add even more security software beside a full suite like KIS/KTS.
I'm sure you know the title of this thread so talking about SS is rather legit. I'm also sure that this forum is the place to learn, discover new methodes, approaches, technologies and applications. It's also the place to teach, help, explain, show new horizons and directions. It's not place to say what novice users want to hear but to force to think.
BTW...I'm user who "don't need an AV bla, bla, bla" and what's wrong is to present such conception of protection?

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I'm sure you know the title of this thread so talking about SS is rather legit. I'm also sure that this forum is the place to learn, discover new methodes, approaches, technologies and applications. It's also the place to teach, help, explain, show new horizons and directions. It's not place to say what novice users want to hear but to force to think.
I just said my opinion once in this thread, so what is the problem? Please stop to quote me if you disagree about something. I did the same in your case. First, I haven't been quoted you, but now I was forced to reply ;)

BTW...I'm user who "don't need an AV bla, bla, bla" and what's wrong is to present such conception of protection?
Nothig wrong in your case to prefer such conception. I rather meant, without AV is a high risk for novice users, someone might be "copy" your config although those people doesn't fully understanding such a complex security software like Spyshelter.

I am done here, I have no interest to argue with you. Feel free to comment what you believe it's helpful for the OP.

raytechknowledge

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 22, 2018
You don't need other software with KTS.
Yes thats right. After discussing and reading threads in this forum i have learnt how KTS protects against key logging. But the only thing i see, as an insignificant problem, is we have to open the safe browser through safe money to enable anti screen grab. Otherwise KTS is a very robust software.

Reactions: Dave Russo

raytechknowledge

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 22, 2018
You said "... only tweaked KTS provides full protection against any kind of attacks by malware". Do you have this configuration? Can you share it with me ? I got hacked before, hence requesting help.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
in my experience the best security is WD + Hard_ Cnfigurator + Configure Defender.
But if you want to use KTS so much, you don't need anything else for this software, you just need to configure the KTS well.
but it's up to you to decide what suits you best.
that's my opinion.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.